Company: The Doctors Clinic
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Monday through Friday 8-5
JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant
REPORTS TO: Clinic Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for patient care under the direction of a physician or licensed health care provider.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care.
2. Process telephone messages.
3. Follow prescription refill procedures.
4. Maintain patient records confidentially.
5. Record patient charges and lab charges for billing department.
6. Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care:
--- Results of lab and x-ray reports
--- Diet and exercise
--- Laboratory and radiology preparation
1. Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols.
2. Maintain work area, exam rooms, supplies, medications and immunizations.
3. Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures.
4. Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
5. Adhere to employer work practices as described in TDC Occupational Exposure Plan policy.
6. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management.
7. Effectively cope with typical job stress.
8. Document work processes as required.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Certified Medical Assistant through the Washington State Department of Health or possess an Interim Certification and pass the National Medical Assistant Certification exam (i.e. AAMA or NCCT) within one year of issuance.
2. CPR certification for Health Care Providers.
3 months experience in an office environment preferred.
1. Medical terminology.
2. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
3. Knowledge of CPT & ICD-10 coding procedures.
4. Knowledge of medications and injection procedures.
1. Maintain current Washington State DOH Medical Assistant-certified certification.
2. Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
3. Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
4. Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
5. Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
1. Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
2. Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients and coworkers in person and over the telephone.
3. Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens, and including visual examination of patients.
4. Other: The position is mostly sitting, standing and walking throughout the day with occasional bending and reaching. Requires frequent lifting and carrying of items weighing less than 10 pounds including assisting patients and up to 30 pounds in surgeries when required. Involves potential exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, medicinal preparations and other conditions common in a clinical environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement [CBA]. The current wage range is $19.86 to $ 30.22
You may be eligible for additional pay to include weekend premium, shift premium and other premiums outlined in the CBA. Compensation and benefit eligibility are based off of FTE, assigned job classification/description, and complies with current union agreements.
The Doctors Clinic currently offers the following benefits for eligible FTE's:
Keywords: The Doctors Clinic, Seattle , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Poulsbo, Washington
here to apply!