Advanced Practice Provider: GI Oncology
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Advanced Practice Provider: GI Oncology
Advanced Practice Providers
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit
organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking
research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in
Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer
Institute-designated cancer center in Washington. With a track
record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation,
HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred
Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer,
infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch
operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology,
infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and
network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our
fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover
new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond
cancer a reality. At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion,
determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These
values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of
diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to
the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient,
community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across
our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek
employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the
world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an
anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all
candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and
inclusion. Fred Hutch Cancer Center is an AAPA/CHLM Employer of
Excellence. We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Advanced
Registered Nurse Practitioner or certified Physician Assistant) to
provide comprehensive care to patients with gastrointestinal
malignancies in the outpatient clinic at FHCC South Lake Union
Campus. Once chosen, you will join a group of more than 200 NPs and
PAs across the FHCC practice areas and a growing GI oncology team.
We are an APP led service that works closely with our physician and
nursing colleagues to deliver holistic, collaborative, and
compassionate cancer care to our patients and their families. FHCC
GI APPs work at the highest level of their scope of practice.
Typical hours are 8-10 hour shifts in the outpatient setting Monday
through Friday with an option to transition to a 4-day work week
after 6 to 12 months depending on prior experience.
- Dedicated to excellent patient
- Able to work collaboratively with a team of 10 oncologists and
8 APPs as well as nurses and support staff.
- An effective communicator and a good decision maker.
- A strong team player with a can-do attitude
- Interested and able to participate in cancer related clinical
- Flexible in your approach to complex problems.
- Resourceful and willing to participate in organizational goals
for growth for APPs and other disciplines.
- Able to multitask efficiently in a busy clinic You Will
- Provide care for complex patients with GI malignancies in
curative and end of life settings.
- See patients independently and formulate patient centered plans
of care under the supervision of an attending physician.
- Sign anticancer therapy after appropriate training.
- Consult specialty services and peers as needed.
- Triage patients and determine disposition of care
- Provide patient and caregiver education
- Participate in the APP led rapid response/code team
- Attend multidisciplinary tumor boards and team meetings.
- One year of ARNP or PA-C experience in Medical Oncology
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse
- Washington state licensure required
- DEA licensure required within 30 days of privileging
- ACLS certification required within 3 months of hire
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with electronic medical records is desired. A
statement describing your commitment and contributions toward
greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career
or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested
of all finalists.The annual base salary range for this position is
from $111,748 to $176,634 and pay offered will be based on
experience and qualifications. Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers
employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance
health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include
medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life,
disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance
program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation
(12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid
holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks),
and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and
Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer.
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse
perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed,
ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or
mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in
any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action
employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to
apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due
to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable
accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please
send a request to our Employee Services Center at
email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
Keywords: Nurse.com, Seattle , Advanced Practice Provider: GI Oncology, Healthcare , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!