Lead Therapist- Eating Disorder Residential
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Description The Lead Therapist works in a dynamic
multidisciplinary team providing treatment services according to
the Center for Discovery Clinical Model. Therapist responsibilities
include ensuring patient safety, providing milieu interventions,
leading psychoeducational and process-oriented therapy groups,
facilitate clinical assessments, conduct therapy sessions, and
other case management tasks, as assigned. The Lead Therapist works
collaboratively with other key facility leadership and is
responsible for directing and supporting the clinical staff.
- Facilitates weekly treatment team meetings to ensure consistent
and effective communication, including proper oversight of patient
progress and ensures a team approach is being utilized.
- Trains all new clinical employees within their scope and
coordinates training with clinical team members.
- Conducts, with the program leadership, all 90-day, annual
performance reviews, and growth plans for therapists within the
- Attends outreach events, supports in relationship management in
the community, and facilitates program tours as needed
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to
self or others.
- Maintains a patient caseload as dictated by census and assigns
cases based upon the appropriate clinical match with each
- Leads or co-leads 3-4 process groups and/or any additional
clinically oriented groups every week. Provides oversight of all
other groups conducted.
- Assists in admission processes and understands role in ensuring
expeditious access to care for those seeking services.
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly for
patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the
patients' level of care.
- RTC: two individual sessions and one family/support system
- PHP: one individual session and one family/support system
- IOP: one therapeutic session - individual or family/support
system, as clinically indicated
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge,
including the use of Discovery Connect.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved
- Mentors all therapists within the program and provides clinical
consultation, as needed.
- Ensures supervisees remain current on documentation, case
management, and documentation, as well as supporting with clinical
activities and interventions.
- RTC Only: Provides on-call support to the facility at least 1x
per month and returns all program phone calls within 20 minutes,
while on call. Communicates appropriately with On Call
Administrator regarding pertinent facility issues, while on call.
This is a Full time position.? For a virtual tour of the facility,
please visit our website at .Qualifications
- Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Holds active state license, or license eligible
- Two or more years of experience working in the mental health
- Minimum of two years of experience working with eating
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire
- Must possess a current driver's license and be in good standing
Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? Apply anyway! To
provide truly innovative care, we need to have a diverse team
around us. That's why Discovery Behavioral Health is committed to
creating an inclusive environment. If you find yourself meeting
some but not all the above, we'd be happy to consider your
application. Additional Information We are proud to be an EEO
employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. For more
information about our company benefits, please visit us at
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is
reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we
work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and
strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce.
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Seattle , Lead Therapist- Eating Disorder Residential, Healthcare , Lynnwood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!