Clinical Nurse Coordinator-Procedure Suite
Company: Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Posted on: January 13, 2018
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. These three organizations have worked together to support their mission of world class adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Please join us and be part of making a difference in the lives of our patients, families, and community! At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance every patient, every life matters. Our dedicated nurses are a driving force making SCCA a global leader in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Our nurses rank among leading experts in oncology. Our nurses provide exceptional patient and family-centered care as they coordinate and assist in individualized treatment. They integrate care with support for the research and development of innovative therapies. Embarking with each patient on a journey through cancer treatment and survival, our compassionate nurses walk hand-in-hand with courage and hope with each individual to ensure the best possible patient outcome. This position is directly responsible for providing longitudinal comprehensive care to Procedure Suite GI oncology and screening patients. It has primary responsibility for the coordination of care, patient and caregiver education, plan of care formulation and documentation, and nursing management of patients receiving care from a specific population of patients. Acts as primary point of contact for patients, working collaboratively with their physicians. Care Coordination
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of oncology patients.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess baseline physical, emotional and social needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess physical, emotional and social needs on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient's adaptation to illness on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrates an ability to conduct patient triage and assessment via the telephone.
- Ability to develop a plan of care to respond to patient symptoms and reactions resulting from the disease or the treatment.
- Monitors patient response to therapies, including lab values and symptom assessment, in collaboration with the medical, nutrition and pharmacy staff.
- Uses effective problem solving skills in complex situations.
- Demonstrates capability to multitask with accuracy and deal effectively with unpredictable situations. Documentation
- Documents initial assessment accurately per assessment policy.
- Documents ongoing assessment accurately and per assessment policy.
- Documents patient education per policy.
- Documents all medications and treatments administered.
- Communication and Teamwork
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively with physicians to provide comprehensive care planning for their specific population of patients.
- Serves as resources in their areas of expertise for other staff.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively intervene with a patient in crisis.
- Informs Nurse Manager of high-risk patient situations or operational issues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team situation.
- Communicates in a professional tone and with respect in interactions with patients, caregivers, colleagues and providers.
- Able to give feedback directly to colleagues and providers in a timely manner. Does not use email or voicemail to give feedback. If feedback not well received, notifies manager or supervisor.
- Communicates concerns or problems to manager in professional and timely manner Qualifications
- Current Washington State Nursing License
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider card required
- Two years of nursing experience required
- Past experience in a clincal setting preferred
- Past experience in oncology preferred
- OCN certification preferred
- Bachelors of Science, Nursing preferred
- Ability to work under pressure related to work/time deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of patients and other staff
- Ability to be flexible
- Competent in telephone triage, assessment and communication
- Competent in basic computer skills We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at (see application details) or by calling (see application details).
Keywords: Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, Clinical Nurse Coordinator-Procedure Suite, Healthcare, Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!