Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Assisted Living
Company: Transforming Age
Posted on: July 13, 2018
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Assisted Living Job Locations US-WA-Vashon Posted Date 1 hour ago(7/4/:00 AM) Job ID 2 Category Assisted Living Community Vashon Community Care Overview Located on beautiful Vashon Island in the heart of the Puget Sound, Vashon Community Care (VCC) has been providing quality, meaningful care to seniors since 1928. The VCC team is excited to share we are looking for a caring, compassionate Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) to join our Assisted Living team! $750 sign-on bonus for successful applicants. Vashon Community Care, a Transforming Age community, is part of a network of services, products and partnerships dedicated to transforming the perception of age and enhancing the lives of older adults. We are a team of dedicated and caring people who have a strong desire to enrich the lives of older adults and our team members. Our workplace emphasizes serving others, team work, our dedication to hospitality and customer service, vigorous innovation and integrity in everything we do. Vashon Community Care pays for ferry passage for all non-island employees. To learn more about Vashon Community Care and see where you could be working, visit our website here! Positions Details As a critical member of the Assisted Living team at VCC, our CNAs are responsible for the following:
- Providing residents, families and team members with exceptional customer service at all times!
- Assisting residents with personal needs as stated in the negotiated service plan, such as: Dressing, grooming, bathing, incontinence care, bed changing/making, laundry, transferring, activities reminders and meal escorts.
- Helping residents with medication assistance by reminding, coaching and ensuring resident takes medication.
- Assisting residents in maintaining a safe living environment
- Taking and recording vital signs as assigned. As needed, taking blood pressure, pulse, temperature, weight, and performing appropriate follow-up.
- Participating in orientation of both new residents and new employees.
- Responding to emergency situations should they arise
- Attending and participating in daily reporting, team meetings, service plan meetings, and team member training.
- Working as a positive member of the Assisted Living team, including active development of good working relationships, using of effective communication, and helping others with their work duties as needed.
- Practicing and supporting a resident-centered social model of care in all work and interactions.
- Promoting the Mission, Vision and Values of Transforming Age in all areas of responsibility. Education and/or Experience, Skills and Abilities
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Experience with older adults or desire to serve older adults in a caregiving role. Community-based experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in the English language.
- Highly motivated, organized and disciplined to work without direct supervision.
- Able to make independent judgment decisions.
- A caring, passionate personality and ability to develop and maintain meaningful, positive relationships with residents, patients, families, physicians and team members. Vashon Community Care is a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon contingent offer of employment. Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age. Options Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Transforming Age, Seattle, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Assisted Living, Healthcare, Vashon, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!