Director of Business Development, Merchandising
Company: QVC, Inc.
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Director of Business Development, Merchandising USA, WA, Seattle
Zulily is seeking a talented, highly motivated and experienced
individual to join the Business Development team as a Director.
This role will work closely with Zulily's senior management and
category leaders across the company on partnerships and strategic
business opportunities. You will be required to handle multiple
projects across a variety of business units and effectively
negotiate terms that benefit Zulily and our customers. This
position offers an unparalleled opportunity to leverage your strong
understanding of retail, eCommerce, and internet industries inside
one of the fastest growing retail companies. The Director will be a
top revenue generator by identifying opportunities, negotiating,
building and managing key relationships, as well as managing a
seasoned business development team. Reporting to the VP of
Strategic Development, the Director will create, drive and manage
proposals to support the strategic plan of the team and Zulily The
Director will also pursue sales leads, deliver presentations,
negotiate and close business deals and provide frequent status
reports as needed to support the business. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities /Core Accountabilities
- Execute the Zulily Business Development Strategy with emphasis
on driving incremental sales opportunities and the generation of
- Brand acquisition; identifying and securing target brands for
Zulily; laying the path to find leads, cold call and establish
- Lead a team of seasoned business development managers.
- Lead a team building long term relationships with key brand
executives, by developing win-win positioning and eliminating
barriers to continued business participation. Changing the focus if
needed by using creative thinking.
- Presenting the benefits of brand partnership with key brand
executives - this will often require multiple contacts and
discussions with senior brand personnel.
- Develop strategic brand planning for big brands, changing focus
when needed and using creative thinking to generate solutions.
- Act as a leader and mentor across the organization.
- Develop and implement business plans.
- Ability to research and analyze complex businesses and present
new, creative solutions in order to negotiate and close the
- Provide various status reports, reports and analysis.
- 10+ years of business development experience in eCommerce,
retail, or related Internet and high-tech industries.
- Demonstrated track record of identifying and executing
successful partnerships and large-scale marketing deals,
particularly in the eCommerce, traditional retail and digital media
- Ability to drive creative solutions and negotiations.
- Significant experience structuring and negotiating complex
agreements and leading cross-functional groups to orchestrate and
successfully complete deals.
- Experience managing large partnerships across multiple
stakeholders and geographies
- History of proven success at high level negotiations. Preferred
- Master's in Business Administration
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, creativity and
with innovation using sound business judgment and quantitative
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial along
with a proven ability to influence others internally and
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous
environment while prioritizing and managing multiple
- Solid understanding of Internet business models and web
- Expertise and a passion for eCommerce in areas such as:
Women's, Men's, Kid's apparel, footwear.
- Experience in negotiating large, complex deals Zulily, LLC, is
a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every
day-all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh
curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home
decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming
brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, giving
customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was
launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in
Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit
www.zulily.com . zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN,
Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail
Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group
believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce
or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video
commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile
commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more
information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com . EEO As an equal
opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse
workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment
process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for
individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require
accommodation in the job application process for a posted position
may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance. Click Apply and
log in with your existing account or create an account. This will
allow you to check the status of your application at any time and
receive the most up to date communications from our Talent
Acquisition team. Posted 15 Days Ago Full time R50608 About Us At
Qurate Retail Group you'll discover a whole world of difference!
You'll feel the energy everywhere at Qurate Retail Group. We are a
select group of like-minded brands, a world of individuals all
driven by a shared passion for bringing joy, inspiration and
humanity to shopping. Working together with integrity and purpose,
in a culture like no other. When you're part of Qurate Retail
Group, you'll be one of 27,000 difference makers in eight countries
who help millions of customers around the world discover curated
collections of unique products every single day. We are not limited
by bricks and mortar or defined by any screen. We are always
evolving, ever expanding and we never stand still. We rise to the
occasion, discover what's next and ignite the industry. We are
creating the third way to shop.
Keywords: QVC, Inc., Seattle , Director of Business Development, Merchandising, Hospitality & Tourism , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!