Company: Charlie's Produce
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Charlie's Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company.
We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West
Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland,
Anchorage, Boise, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. The secret to our
40+ years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire
the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters
loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Rogge is the grocery division of Charlie's Produce, which has been
provisioning companies and vessels throughout Alaska for over
seventy years. Rogge has built a reputation for providing
outstanding customer service and has developed unparalleled
expertise in product selection and handling for remote markets.
Responsible for administration tasks assigned by Procurement
Manager and other buyers in the purchasing department. Coordinating
procurement & inventory activities with other buyers under the
direction of the Purchasing Manager to ensure a well-coordinated
product line program offered to customers. Must be highly flexible
to service needs and have an ability to work in a fast pace,
closely configured work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Organizational and reporting work to support buyers
* Manage service levels and inventory of assigned categories
* Make purchase decisions and manage process for order
* Be responsible for procuring designated quality and quantity
* Support established logistical procedures to facilitate product
* Pickup and/or deliver product to warehouse and/ or distribution
centers as needed
* Ability to work in a refrigerated environment
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
* Physical capacities to utilize moving motorized equipment
(electric pallet jack, sit down forklift, stand-up forklift) in a
fast paced environment
* Ability to load orders onto trucks and shipping containers,
organizing incoming stock and putting the appropriate labels on
Charlie's Produce Total Compensation Package includes:
* Competitive starting pay
* Yearly review with potential performance based increase
* We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental
retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
* Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
* Employer-covered College Program
* Paid Sick and Safe Leave
* 401(k) available
* Previous experience in retail or wholesale environment
* Flexibility to handle evolving scope of assignments and
* Effective interpersonal skills to communicate.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proven customer service.
* Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced work
environment and a willingness to help all members of the
* Able to effectively prioritize, meet deadlines, and accomplish
* AS400 and Retalix experience preferred
* Basic arithmetic skills (addition/subtraction)
* Have Clean Driving Record with no violations in last 3 years
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social
Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization.Charlie's Produce is an Equal
Keywords: Charlie's Produce, Seattle , Junior Buyer, Hospitality & Tourism , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!