Nutty Squirrel Gelato is an award-winning, family-owned small
business that cares deeply about our community and local culture.
We work hard to create a neighborhood business that supports our
local community organizations, schools, and artists. We work
closely with our employees to create a positive work environment,
and excellent customer service.
Stores Manager is responsible for successful operations of our
shops. Stores Manager oversees the customer service team to provide
the highest level of customer experience possible.
Customer Service Team:
* Identifies staffing needs for each store.
* Recruits and trains new team members and provides ongoing
training for all team members.
* Manages and motivates team members to maintain the highest
level of customer experience.
* Prepares monthly work schedules, finds suitable replacements
in cases of staff absence, and covers store shifts if
* Serves as the main contact person for team member questions,
customer inquiries & complaints.
* Establishes, monitors, and analyzes shop budgets.
* Ensures that payroll expenses are within budget and identifies
ways to decrease operational costs.
* Understands and further develops store policies and
* Ensures that stores are clean, organized, and equipment is in
good running order.
* Coordinates ordering, receiving, and distribution of edibles
and supplies as needed.
* Coordinates ordering, receiving, and distribution of retail
merchandise as needed.
* Acts as a liaison between the stores and all other
departments, communicating relevant information to the customer
service team as needed.
* Uses Canva or similar software to create Informational Signage
and Graphics for stores.
* Suggests new menu items based on customer feedback.
Marketing & PR:
* Identifies strategies to retain and attract customers.
* Produces and manages store events. Measures Event success and
identifies potential growth.
* Works with a photographer and manages social media
Duties will evolve over time, as company grows.
Retail Manager Qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED.
* BA or Certification in business administration or business
management is desirable.
* Proven management experience in the hospitality industry.
* A food handler's license.
* Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
* Strong business acumen.
* Exemplary management skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Effective communication skills.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
Salary & Bonus
* $23 per hour / min 32 hours per week
* Bonus pay based on store performance.
* Excellent health insurance with $60 per pay premium.
Dependents can be included, fully paid by employee.
* Short term disability insurance
* Up to 6 Days of sick time (accrued earning)
* Up to 2 weeks paid vacation (accrued earning)