Sous Chef - Shaker + Spear
Company: Shaker + Spear
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Sous Chef- Shaker & SpearSeattle, WA -We are a busy, established
Belltown restaurant. Come join our TEAM!!Currently open for Dinner
on Wed-SunMust have experience in casual fine dining, basic
awareness of local/sustainable/seasonal ingredients.Check out our
menu and Chef Jay! https://www.shakerandspear.com/ -*Site Requires
Employees to Provide Proof of VaccinationWe Offer:
- Affordable medical/dental/vision plans ($100/month family
plans!) (Blue Shield/Kaiser)
- Matched 401k
- Bus/parking/commuter discounts
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday time off
- Employee rate hotel+restaurant discounts in all of
- Work perks website discounts
- Free daily family meals
- Backup childcare
- Cell phone discounts (att&t/t-mobile)
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000/year)
- Much more! -Best Place to Work culture recognition on Fortune
Magazine, inclusive culture and supportive of women, BLM, LGBTQ+
community. Commitment to internal promotions and development.Why
We're HereWe believe heartfelt, human connections make people's
lives better. Especially the people who work here.Our founder, Bill
Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes
people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel
standard and environment where people could connect, from the
heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
today.Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives
of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make
that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can
improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same
in return. It all starts with you.How We're DifferentOur San
Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick
started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.It
all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your
diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality -
is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when
people can be themselves at work, they shine.That's what we seek
out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for
creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told
what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion
for making others' lives better.It adds up to a work environment
that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering,
and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.What
You'll DoWork in collaboration with the Executive Chef in crafting
exciting, innovative, and delicious food. You'll participate in
team leadership, communication, training, development, and problem
resolution; all the while providing outstanding service to our
guests along the way. You'll act as an advocate for the restaurant,
be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop
relationships with guests that will compel them to return.Some of
your responsibilities include:
- Lead all aspects of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive
- Inventively solve any issues that arise and seize control of
any problematic situations.
- Lead and train kitchen staff, and establish a working
- Interview and hire employees; plan, assign, and direct work;
appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address
complaints and resolve problems.
- Identify developable personnel, and provide necessary training
as positions open.
- Order, stock, and inspect the quality of all food items
necessary for daily service.
- Maintain budgeted labor costs and assist in controlling
- Ensure that food is produced on a timely basis -- the goal is
to execute all tickets in 20 minutes or less.
- Participate in service education through daily line-ups,
quarterly menu meetings, and new staff training programs so that
everyone is well-educated regarding the menu items.
- Assist the restaurant in meeting the financial targets while
achieving the food quality service objectives.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities
by supervising the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep
kitchen, dish area, stairs, and walk-in.What You Bring
- 5+years of previous culinary experience in a high-volume,
full-service restaurant; and/or culinary program curriculum; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Culinary Science or related certificate is
- You've got a flexible schedule, able to work weekends, nights,
mornings, and holidays when needed.
- You're knowledgeable and passionate about various cooking
methods, ingredients, equipment, and the industry's standard
practices and trends.
- Your knife skills are excellent (and accurate!)
- You're a leader with a desire to build a healthy and
- Able to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to foster
positive working relationships with many types of personalities.
-Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here. -Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Keywords: Shaker + Spear, Seattle , Sous Chef - Shaker + Spear, Hospitality & Tourism , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!