Company: Sur La Table
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Buyer contributes to Sur La Table's success and is
responsible for the growth and profitability of one or more high
profile business categories. Key areas of accountability include
identifying product trends, developing and executing seasonal
product strategies and vendor relations. The Buyer works closely
with all cross functional areas including stores, Ecommerce, and
the Marketing team to ensure seamless execution of the department
strategic vision. This position requires constant exercise of
discretion in prioritization of work.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Analyze past performance, develop, communicate and execute
seasonal and core department strategies.
- Develop pricing and promotional strategy for core and seasonal
- Partner with internal product development team, as well as
domestic and foreign partners to drive product development and
product needs in both core and seasonal categories
- Identify product trends using a mixture of qualitative and
- Manage department profitability through product markup
negotiations and inventory management.
- Build quarterly line plans and assign key metrics in line with
department initiatives and goals.
- Provide leadership, direction, mentoring and coaching to
- Collaborate with visual team to ensure monthly floorsets are
reflected of both core and seasonal initiatives
- Partner with creative team to drive packaging and signage needs
for both core and seasonal products
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives
and monitor and advise on progress to ensure business results are
achieved and to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Cultivate strong relationships both internally to Sur La Table
and externally with vendors.
- Communicate complex ideas and or concepts clearly, concisely
and effectively to multiple audiences.
- Negotiate product launches, pricing, timing, and exclusivity
- Partner with Planning & Allocation to determine order
quantities, receipt flow and product life cycle.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the in store and online
experience and marketing reflect the strategic direction.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Experience And Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Merchandising or related field. Relevant
work experience considered in lieu of education.
- 2+ years experience in Buyer Role, preferably in a hard-goods
- 2+ years in private label, product development (preferred)
- 2+ years managing and negotiating with vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of housewares industry and relevant product
- Strong analytical ability and retail math skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and
PowerPoint) and Smartsheet (preferred)
- 2+ years leading and supervising the work of others
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to regularly communicate verbally and in writing and
work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to use computer and other office equipment to
accomplish work tasks.
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts
and/or ideas in clear and concise manner.
- Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move about the workplace retrieving
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and
crouch in order to manage merchandise.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Sur La Table has a flexible work environment that has a
combination of work-from-home and work-from-office days.
Sur La Table Core Competencies For Everyone
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge,
experience, wisdom & decisive action
- Take Ownership: you are committed, responsible and provide
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an
exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job
responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and
duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other
duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description
is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the
exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without
Keywords: Sur La Table, Seattle , Buyer, Hospitality & Tourism , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!