Food Service Worker/cashier (part-time)
Company: Compass Group USA Inc
Location: Mercer Island
Posted on: August 7, 2022
* We are hiring immediately for a part-time FOOD SERVICE
* Location: Mercer Island - 4160 86th Avenue SE, Mercer Island, WA
98040. Note: online applications accepted only.
* Schedule: Part-time schedule. Monday through Friday, hours may
vary. More details upon interview.
* Requirement: Previous food service experience preferred.
* Starting pay: [[$18.00]] per hour.
* Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text
messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you
apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message
and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help.
Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our
success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Chartwells K12's goal is to make sure students leave the cafeteria
happier and healthier than they came in, by serving food kids love
to eat and creating custom dining programs. With more than 16,000
associates in 4,300 schools, ranging from large public institutions
to small charter and private schools, Chartwells K12 is built on
decades of food, education and operational experience driven by top
culinary, nutrition, wellness, and sustainability talent. For more
information, visit www.ChartwellsK12.com.
Summary: Performs cashiering duties, including general food service
work. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation, service
and dining room facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding
fruits and vegetables. Weighs and measures designated
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work
stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety
standards. Distributes supplies, utensils and portable
* Stores foods in designated areas in accordance with wrapping,
dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
* Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
* Ensures compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
* Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure
proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion
* Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following
outlined steps of service.
* Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
* Relays relevant information to supervisor.
* Performs sales transactions.
* Enters sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are
* Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other
acceptable forms of payment.
* Issues receipts to customers.
* Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
* Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts,
ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage
* Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while
maintaining service area cleanliness.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits
* Retirement Plan
* Associate Shopping Program
* Health and Wellness Programs
* Discount Marketplace
* Identity Theft Protection
* Pet Insurance
* Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
* Life Insurance/AD
* Disability Insurance
* Commuter Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1057816
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Food Service, Cashier, Culinary, Part Time,
Hospitality, Customer Service
Keywords: Compass Group USA Inc, Seattle , Food Service Worker/cashier (part-time), Hospitality & Tourism , Mercer Island, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!