Company: Little Creek Casino Resort
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Company name: Little Creek Casino Resort Title of position: Sous
Chef Position: Full-Time Location: Shelton Washington The Sous Chef
oversees the direction of the kitchen's daily activities in
accordance with LCCR policies and objectives to ensure guest
satisfaction, profitability and a positive, productive and
compliant work environment. Benefits began on the 1st day of the
month following your hire date even if you start on the 31st of the
month Full-Time Benefits Medical - $25.00 Employee Rate Dental
Vision HRA 401K with a company match of up to 6%
Vacation/Holiday/Personal/Unpaid/Sick Leave Options FSA - Medical &
Dependent Care Employee Assistance Program AFLAC Legal
Shield/Identity Shield Free Meals while on Shift Community Vendor
Discounts Tuition Assistance Training and Career Development
Programs Employee Discounts across Property You can play 18 holes
of golf for $50 You can play 9 holes of golf for $30 15% discount
at the Pro Shop 25% discount at the Spa 15% discount at all
restaurants 50% off childcare at the Squaxin Island Childcare
Center 6 wks-5 years ($500 month infant care) Plus More!!!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with kitchen
operations including food and labor cost controls
- Responsible for managing the food culinary team
- Responsible for overseeing culinary proficiency and
operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of any
- A function of the Sous Chef is to mentor, train and help staff
meet company quality standards and promote a positive, enthusiastic
and cooperative work environment ADDITIONAL DUTIES
- Responsible for knowing all events in the property
- Attend all mandatory meetings and training
- Additional duties as assigned SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise Cooks, Prep Cooks, and Kitchen Managers
- Provide direction to Cooks, Prep Cooks and Runners regarding
preparation and stocking requirements
- Responsible for training employees, planning, assigning and
- Responsible for employee performance evaluations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Formal culinary training/certification or associate degree in
culinary arts required
- Minimum 3 years as Sous Chef management experience required in
both a la carte and banquet operations
- Minimum 3 years cooking experience in a moderate to high volume
environment CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License from the
Squaxin Island Gaming Commission.
- Class 12 Mixologist Permit
- Current Washington State Food Worker Card REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Language Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of an organization. Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to read financial statements.
- Successful in managing and controlling food cost. Reasoning
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Other:
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other
- Read, write and speak and understand English.
- Ability to understand financial goals and accomplish them.
- Ability to keep up with current trends on creative menu
planning, plating, dessert, buffet and presentation.
- Ability to work extended hours when business necessitates.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and
arms and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. CLOSING DATE Open Until
Filled For information on Little Creek Casino Resort including more
information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our
website at https://www.little-creek.com PI196773859
Keywords: Little Creek Casino Resort, Seattle , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Shelton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!