Market Deli Associate - Cook-, Admiral
Company: Metropolitan Market
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Technical Function: Cook
Job Summary: As a key member of our Market Deli & Specialty Cheese
Department (MD&SCD), this position is responsible for sales
generation, product preparation, food safety, quality control, and
merchandising. This position is also responsible for providing
excellent customer service and sharing information with customers
in the areas of specialty products, recipe content, and meal
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the
- Immediately greets all customers; demonstrates genuine
enthusiasm and sincerity; customizes approach to meet customer
needs and build rapport. Works to create customer loyalty through
- Anticipates customer needs and questions related to products;
works actively to remain knowledgeable and current in areas of
responsibility, including product knowledge (e.g., product tasting,
cutting-edge trends, product use research, and vocabulary
development). Effectively follows through with customers, including
item requests, questions, and concerns.
- Actively seeks out product knowledge and adheres to approved
product sampling methods and expectations; presents product
knowledge in a positive, appealing manner that promotes increased
sales and best serves the customer.
- Effectively shifts-gears to meet customer needs; moves with
ease from greeting to providing product information, up-selling,
closing the sale, thanking customers and inviting them back.
- Effectively assesses customers' needs and appropriately
suggests products. Offers customers opportunities to interact with
- Adheres to all food safety and sanitation requirements.
Consistently demonstrates knowledge of HACCP and Department of
- Completes daily projects and activities as assigned or needed;
ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and
in a timely manner.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates
product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses
product information to increase sales and best service
- Assists with quarterly physical inventories and practices
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned by the MD&SCD
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best
combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one year food service experience strongly
- Must possess a minimum of one year of customer service
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce
quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of
urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative;
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
- Possesses knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of
Health guidelines, and inventory/portion control.
- Successful experience with food merchandising and display
- Possesses adequate product information with a proven history of
using knowledge to best service customers. Demonstrates
comprehensive knowledge and understanding of food, including
ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills.
Possesses a genuine passion for food.
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrated ability to work
well with diverse groups of people.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong
interest in food and related products.
- Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities
with professionalism and confidentiality essential.
- Proven ability to meet attendance requirements, dependable.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of
Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be
afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race,
color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes),
national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging
in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination
or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age,
genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as
a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under
applicable local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Metropolitan Market, Seattle , Market Deli Associate - Cook-, Admiral, Hospitality & Tourism , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!