Company: Jacksons Food Stores, Inc.
Posted on: October 16, 2019
The Assistant Manager assists the manager in the daily operations
of a convenience store. Fulfills the managers duties when the
manager is absent as outlined in the Store Manager job
description.They are responsible for the various tasks involved in
the overall operation of a store including maximizing
sales/profitability by developing staff, controlling expenses,
shortages, and all aspects of merchandising and inventory
- Provide exceptional GUEST service. Being courteous, always
greeting and thanking all customers.
- Be knowledgeable of, follows, interprets, and enforces company
policy and procedures with employees.
- Suggest possible purchases to the customer and promote store
- Ensures proper sanitation and food
handling/prep/storage/disposal procedures are followed.
- Maintain cleanliness of building, islands, and pumps.
- Maintain interior/exterior cleanliness and supply stock of
carwash, where applicable; keeping store outs to a minimum.
- Restock shelving, displays, and coolers as needed; transferring
of product keeping store outs to a minimum.
- Clean fast food area, equipment, and stock as needed.
- Must be safety/security conscious, adhere to the guidelines in
the Safety Manual, and report any accidents or incidents to the
manager immediately. Investigate and gather all pertinent
information regarding customer and employee
- Pick up/empty trash and clean store and parking lot as
- Helps in the training of new employees.
- Works weekends and other shift work, but must be available to
work any shift.
- Effectively managing foodservice and beverage programs to
ensure maximization of sales and minimizing loss.
- Report to work promptly, neatly groomed, and in uniform.
- Enter all sales in the register at the time of sale.
- Make safe drops as per company policies.
- Prepare and make daily deposits on the weekend, and when
covering for the manager.
- Keep work area neat, clean, and organized.
- May prepare the weekly orders for product from suppliers.
- Fueling customer cars, checking engine fluids, and washing
customer windows as needed. (Required in Oregon; as needed in other
areas for handicapped customers)
- Must be available to respond to an emergency at any time when
the Store Manager is unavailable.
- Operate cash register and other store equipment.
- Prepare cashier checkout and report accurately and according to
- Other duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent experience. Must be of legal
age to sell alcohol. Must have 3-6 months Customer Service
Representative experience, Assistant In Training experience, or
equivalent experience and completion of prescribed company training
programs. Must have a valid drivers license and reliable
transportation. Being self-motivated and having strong attention to
detail are essential traits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; use hands and fingers to
handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. Must
frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 65 pounds. Environmental conditions include heat,
cold, allergen, noise, and fume/chemical/odor exposure from
gasoline and cleaning chemicals.
Keywords: Jacksons Food Stores, Inc., Seattle , Assistant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!