Director, Payroll & Accounts Payable (Temporary)
Company: Virginia Mason
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Number: 210404 Department: Payroll Hours: 8am - 4:30pm
Virginia Mason has an opportunity for a Temporary Director, Payroll
and Accounts Payable. As a key member of our leadership team, you
will manage and oversee the daily operations of the Payroll and
Accounts Payable departments. You will also be responsible for the
timely and accurate processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly
payroll and cash disbursements. In this position you will:
- Manage and guarantee the disbursement process for a multi-state
payroll, including garnishments, voluntary deductions, benefits and
taxes for 5,000+ FTEs, consistent with federal and state wage and
- Ensure the timeliness of cash disbursements in accordance with
established policies and procedures
- Resolve vendor issues regarding obligations and developing
strong relationships with vendors and quickly responds to their
- You will be involved in working with HR, purchasing, the
receiving departments, and external vendor contacts, usually at a
- Maintain and trouble shoots systems internal to the payroll and
accounts payable departments
- Provide leadership and direction for the day-to-day operational
management of Payroll, to ensure that staff process and provide
information efficiently, accurately, and in compliance with
designated policies and procedures
- Perform all aspects of human resource management, including
recruitment and retention, analyzing staff mix and deploying staff,
ensuring competency of staff through development, training, and
regular evaluation, and providing disciplinary counseling.
- Execute Kaizen work around payroll and accounts payable
departments With numerous awards and distinctions, including our
recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group,
Virginia Mason has transformed health care through our innovations
in patient safety and our ability to provide patients in our
community with easier access to our high-quality care. Consisting
of a 336-bed hospital in Seattle, WA, and an extensive network of
primary and specialty care clinics throughout the Puget Sound
region, joining Virginia Mason is an exceptional opportunity to
partner with nationally recognized physicians and peers, and an
organization recognized as the benchmark for health care.
Qualifications: We require:
- BA in Finance or Accounting required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience.
- Expertise in and working knowledge of Federal & State labor
laws and standards pertaining to payroll practices.
- Data processing concepts and procedures pertaining to
sophisticated computerized payroll, timekeeping, and accounts
- Current in-depth working knowledge of IRS regulations as they
pertain to taxability of wages and benefit deductions.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g., ability to
export, import and reformat files). Working knowledge and
experience in AP System Matching.
- Preferred: Prior experience with Oracle and Ceridian Dayforce
(Kronos Time and Attendance) software highly desirable. Ability to
interpret Union Contracts. Virginia Mason offers much more than
competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education
opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you
will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and
refreshing. There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with
finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded
by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable
cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit
will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature. We are an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Virginia Mason, Seattle , Director, Payroll & Accounts Payable (Temporary), Human Resources , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!