Senior HR Generalist
Company: Alaska Marine Lines
Posted on: May 19, 2019
We are looking for a Senior HR Generalist who enjoys the challenge
of recruiting, hiring and onboarding in the current market. While
still juggling all of the other duties and responsibilities such
- Full-cycle recruiting in sourcing active and passive
candidates, networking to find new candidates, negotiating and
- Utilize company ATS, background check and on-boarding
- Schedule appointments for pre-employment physicals and drug
- Conduct new hire onboarding, employee orientation and
coordinate on-boarding with other departments.
- Attendance, Time Off and Leave Tracking using company time
- Act as liaison between employees and management to answer
questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and
- Conduct, document and analyze exit interviews.
- Assist with the administration of the Learning Management
System (LMS), assists employees with issues relating to LMS, and
participates in the Lynden Learn Team.
- Maintain Company Fit for Work program and drug and alcohol
random testing program.
- Maintain broad knowledge of current federal and state wage and
- Assist employees in the interpretation and application of
company benefits, open enrollment & special enrollment.
- Create and maintain personnel files.
- Responsible for oversight of the records retention program for
the Company; participates in the Lynden Records Retention
- Conduct research and prepare statistical and financial reports
for EEO, AAP, and other regulatory agencies as required.
- Coordinate and execute office events, including charitable
events, health and wellness events, employee training programs,
employee engagement events and screenings, etc. EDUCATION and/or
Four year college or university program certificate in human
resources or business is preferred; or three to five years related
human resources experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. SHRM-CP or PHR certificate
preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of Washington State employment
A post conditional offer of employment physical, drug test and
background investigation are required.
Random drug testing is required of all Alaska Marine Lines
Alaska Marine Lines, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity
or national origin.
Veterans and Minorities are encouraged to apply. VEVRAA Federal
Priority referrals for protected veterans.
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, generalist, hrbp,
human resources associate, human resources generalist, officer,
operations partner, professional, representative
Keywords: Alaska Marine Lines, Seattle , Senior HR Generalist, Human Resources , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!