Senior Principal Software Developer - Full Stack - Cloud Team
Company: Dell Technologies
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Seattle, WADell is a collective of customer-obsessed,
industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is
essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide
transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a
technology company - we are a people company. We recognize that
over 100,000 employees across six continents have different
interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each
and every employee, every day. We offer highly competitive
salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled
growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling
and rewarding work environment.Dell Technologies Cloud Engineering
(DTCE) is redefining the way businesses all over the world realize
their cloud strategy. The opportunities to reshape the cloud are
massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated
approach, unparalleled commitment to customer success and focus on
innovation. Cloud is not a destination, but instead an operating
and consumption model. It is about paying only for what you need
when you need it. It is about easily adopting and managing at the
software and not infrastructure level. It is reducing time to
market by streamlining the provisioning of capacity and
functionality. DTCE is simplifying the hybrid cloud (private plus
public) experience. If want to join the 'ground-floor' of a massive
transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to lead
a generational movement for ourselves and our customers - this role
may be just the right opportunity for you!
As a Senior Principal Software Developer, you will be a part of a
team that will design, develop and deliver a micro-services based
cloud software solution on a service-mesh using modern
orchestration technologies. You will be accountable for the
Cloud Platform Development
- Be a technical leader in an engineering organization.
- Be a key contributor on an Agile development team,
collaboratively realizing business value through iterative software
- Design, development, and end to end testing of Dell Cloud
products including enhancements and/or resolutions of issues that
may be reported adhering to Dell Technologies Cloud standards
- Investigate and resolve customer issues with software solutions
and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Prepare test data for unit, integration, end to end, regression
and performance testing.
- Work across teams and organizations to deliver end to end
solutions and raise the bar on development practices.
- Mentor and grow talent across an engineering organization.
- Participate in design collaboration, code reviews
- DevOps rollout and implementation
- Develop and drive deployment of production ready code using
- Writing code for serviceability
- Take full responsibility for the availability and performance
of your team's services.
- 12+ years of software development experience with a degree in
Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience as a technical leader for multiple engineering
- Expert at problem solving, algorithms, and data
- Expert designing and implementing RESTful web services in Java
with detailed understanding of J2EE internals.
- Expert in designing, implementing, and operating solutions
based on a microservice architecture
- Expert in developing and implementing highly scalable, high
throughput web applications and backend systems
- Experience working with and evangelizing mature development
practices and tools for source control, security, and
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Databases, Linux OS, and
- Experience with Cloud platforms and Public Cloud providers
- Experience owning services end to end, from concept to
continuously serving customers.
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed through
mentoring and leading by example.
- Able to identify and lead technical efforts to solve real
- Able to drive clarity out of ambiguity for more junior
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity
for all employees and to providing employees with a work
environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment
decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and
individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion
or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including
pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV
status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based
on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all
Keywords: Dell Technologies, Seattle , Senior Principal Software Developer - Full Stack - Cloud Team, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!