Software Engineer, Storage Hardware
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Facebook is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Storage
Hardware team. We are looking for a Software Engineer that is
passionate about hardware and enjoys working closely with hardware
design engineers and storage application teams.
- Develop/test and deploy hardware abstraction layers for storage
- Prototype, evaluate and deploy flash storage protocols for
- Collaborate with several storage service teams to develop
strategies that enable Quality of Service, latency control,
redundancy and volume management for flash based storage.
- Develop Facebook storage system management utilities for
- Collaborate with Storage Service teams to understand their
future hardware needs and requirements.
- Work with open source community to develop and improve NVMe
utilities for Facebook use cases.
- Work with outside vendors on RAID, HBA, HDD and SSD.
- Develop utilities for block level event logging for device
- Develop unified storage monitoring framework.
- Create test suites for production and validation to stress
software for reliability stability.
- Work with hardware team on board bring up, Bit Error Rate
testing, and other hardware tests.
- Benchmark storage devices and products.
- Develop and document requirements for various server firmware.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical
- 1+ years of experience with Linux kernel and device driver
- 1+ years of experience scripting with PHP, Python or Perl
- 1+ years of experience coding with C/C++
- Familiar with latest server architecture and components
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience with storage protocols (SAS/SATA/etc.) and protocol
- Knowledge of SCSI command sets
- Experience with SCSI Enclosure Services (SES)Facebook's mission
is to give people the power to build community and bring the world
closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're
building a different kind of company that connects billions of
people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most
to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're
creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach,
people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are
constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to
empower people around the world to build community and connect in
meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger
communities - we're just getting started.Facebook is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Facebook, Seattle , Software Engineer, Storage Hardware, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!