Senior Manager, Information Technology
Company: Lumen Bioscience, Inc.
Posted on: February 20, 2021
In your role, you will oversee the strategy, execution, and
management of Lumen's IT operations, infrastructure, and external
service and solution providers. You will collaborate with Lumen
business leaders to plan, source, deliver, and maintain effective
IT capabilities, and ensure the levels of security, reliability,
and performance that are to be expected and required in a company
operating in a regulated environment. This role will be a partner
with Lumen business unit leaders. In collaboration with
Informatics, Quality, and other Lumen business unit leaders, this
role will help ensure all applicable processes & procedures,
financial controls, data privacy practices, and regulatory
requirements (Sarbanes-Oxley, 21 CFR Part 11, Computer Systems
Validation, Data Integrity) are established and maintained in an
effective and efficient manner. The position requires strong
communications and consensus-building capabilities as well as
personal initiative and organizational skill. A familiarity with
creating, writing, and implementing technically viable and
practical Policies and SOPs will be required. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities-- The major tasks for this position will include
all or a subset of the following:
- In partnership with Lumen leadership, establish written guiding
principles to be followed in the design, implementation and
management of Lumen's systems information architecture, and
- Create, document, and put into operation clear processes and
procedures guiding Lumen's information technology related
practices, including areas such as acceptable use, password
control, malicious software control, administrative access control,
mobile device management, change management, documentation, and
network monitoring. Operations Management:
- Provide leadership over Lumen's systems administration,
hardware/software standards and maintenance, security, data backup,
archiving and restoration, and end-user service management working
with outsourced service provider and/or with internal team
- Manage business continuity and recovery of Lumen's information
systems, including needs analysis, design, plan development,
implementation, and documentation.
- Coordinate IT change and change control documentation in
coordination with regulatory affairs/QA in both regulated and
- Partner with Lumen functional leaders to lead the planning,
development, and implementation of information systems following
Lumen principles, standards and good practices.
- Periodic reporting to senior management on IT system status,
concerns, and projections for future needs. Compliance & Security
- Develop, implement, and manage policies and procedures for the
use and safeguard of Lumen's information systems, network, and data
- Establish and implement appropriate standards and practices for
Lumen's hardware, software, infrastructure, including security,
access, encryption, intrusion prevention and detection, and data
- In collaboration with Lumen business units, support the
development of Lumen's Computer Systems Validation Framework and
related Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable IT regulatory and compliance
standards, including preparing required compliance documentation
for IT related audits, security assessment, and vulnerability
- Working cooperatively with business unit leaders, manage the
process of contract and licensing reviews and renewals for Lumen's
IT service providers (e.g., SaaS, Managed Services, Other).
- Manage contracts and service delivery relationships with
external IT partners, software vendors, and IT managed services
providers. Budgeting & Financial Management:
- In partnership with Lumen leadership and Lumen business units
help establish annual IT budgets and ensure budget is effectively
tracked and managed.
- Manage software licenses and service agreements, demand
planning and renewals. Desired Qualifications and Requirements--
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Information
Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years IT experience.
- 5+ years IT management experience--managing the procurement,
provision and operation of information technology services to
organization in regulated industry, preferably in Pharmaceuticals
or Life Science industry
- Experience with implementing and managing regulatory
requirements such as 21 CFR Part 11, SOX, HIPPA, other, in an IT
- Experience with implementing, documenting, and maintaining
validation computerized systems.
- Experience working in a Managed Services delivery model.
- Experience is managing IT in a mixed operating system
environment is ideal. The successful candidate will have the
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.--
- Ability to achieve objectives with collaborative
- Ability to see the big picture and balance with the short-term
needs of the business.
- Works effectively across all levels of the organization, both
technical and non-technical.--
- Self-starter who works well independently and in collaboration
across various teams in the organization.
- Able to successfully contribute in a fast-changing environment,
and change priorities in response to company needs.
- Has high integrity and ethics.
- Commitment to quality and prompt delivery of specific results
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 or more hours)
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 45 lbs Application
Instructions Please submit a resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. This
position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed
upon receipt. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Keywords: Lumen Bioscience, Inc., Seattle , Senior Manager, Information Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!