Company: Strive Tech
Posted on: February 21, 2021
NOTE: This position is contract to hire.
- Are you ready to build scalable and modern frontends?
- Do you enjoy working on a small team where your voice is heard
and makes a difference?
- Do you enjoy work collaboratively in a positive environment
with a tight feedback cycle?
If you answered a resounding yes to those questions, Strive Tech
may be the place for you!
Who is Strive Tech?Strive Tech makes smart clothing that records
muscle, heart, and motion data from athletes, soldiers, industrial
workers, and patients. This information is used to develop training
programs for each individual while also helping to prevent and
recover from injury. Current users/customers include the NCAA
(football, basketball), NBA, NFL, US Military, and Physical Therapy
What will you do
- Build our React and React Native applications for coaches,
physical therapists, and consumers to upload and view their data
through addictive visualizations
- Implement a component library that makes it easy to put
together delightful designs imagined by our UX department
- Use BLE and React Native to upload biometric data to our server
and display live data within the application
- Maintain a comprehensive test suite to ensure quality and a
full night's sleep, even when on call
- Drive improvements in our continuous integration pipelines
using tools like GitlabCi and Jenkins
- Be solution-oriented and participate in productive discussions
surrounding everything from software architecture to design
- Participate in active engineering design sessions with evidence
and experience-based contributions
What should my qualifications be?
- 3+ years of production application React and React Native
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture, design
patterns, reliability, and scaling of new and existing systems
- Experience with technologies like Typescript, AWS, GraphQL,
CloudFront, Docker, Gitlab CI
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability
to dive deep and discover true requirements, underlying feature
requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches,
and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal
- A high degree of comfort operating in a sometimes ambiguous,
fast-changing environment with rapid iteration cycles
- Experience with the Scrum and Agile methodology and experience
working within and leading Agile teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strive Tech is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We
are focused on bringing together humans from different backgrounds
and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming
work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive
to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can
thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful
discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, family or parental status,
disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by
the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We
respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going
above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable
accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities
Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is
a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the
company. Please inform if you need any assistance completing any
forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Keywords: Strive Tech, Seattle , Frontend Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!