Sr Agile Delivery Lead
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with
like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly
growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to
an exciting and innovative future is now. PSE's-- IT Application
Solutions --team is looking for qualified candidates to fill
an--open-- Sr Agile Delivery Lead --position! Job Description
- Leads application development teams leveraging agile best
practices and frameworks.
- Facilitates agile daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and
- Coordinates the work of aligned scrum team(s) enabling
successful team-based outcomes.
- Partners with aligned product owner(s) and business
stakeholders to maintain a high quality product backlog with the
appropriate depth of features and stories.
- Becomes trusted long term leader learning the business,
technology and processes of the aligned application area while
advancing agile delivery practices.
- Proactively engages with scrum team members, architects,
managers, and support teams to remove technical, process and
business impediments, support successful completion of goals, and
continuously improve delivery processes and team's
- Adept at enabling collaboration, managing conflict resolution,
coaching others, and being a servant leader within the IT
- Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's
operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities.
Promotes and supports a culture of total safety. Job
- Leverages PSE agile and scrum best practices that enable
aligned scrum team(s) deliver high quality application
- Leads daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, collaboration
sessions, demos and decision-making sessions for one or more
- Facilitates creation and implementation of complex technical
solutions with team and support organizations.
- Helps teams and individuals to clarify goals and actions to
achieve them while minimizing distractions and removing
- Guides team through delivery estimation and commitment sessions
that allow for teams to meet or exceed expectations.
- Coaches business and IT team members on agile best
- Enables collaboration by building safe environment within the
team which encourages all voices to be heard while facilitating
team decision making.
- Works with IT and business managers to staff the scrum teams
with appropriately skilled people to meet delivery
- Understands and helps resolve business and technical issues
within the team and across the organization.
- Responsible for conducting retrospective meetings and support
team improvement efforts. Follows up to see that improvements are
being implemented and measured.
- Participates with other scrum leads in a "Community of
Practice" to advance the use and maturity of Agile at PSE.
- Participates in Scrum of Scrum meetings to provide detail and
transparency to team progress and impediments if applicable.
- Works closely with product owner(s) and stakeholders to manage
backlogs and outcomes.
- May also be responsible for some project management
deliverables depending on aligned team and work.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and eight years experience or equivalent
combination of education and/or experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with inherent servant leader
- Five to seven years of working experience with agile
methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe,
- Demonstrated ability to coach teams on agile and scrum best
- Experience with shifting teams to iterative and incremental
software development and delivery.
- Experience working on agile and waterfall initiatives with
ability to facilitate delivery that best fits the organizational
needs and expectations.
- Five to seven years of demonstrated experience leading software
development processes and procedures as a technical lead,
developer, analyst, scrum lead, or project manager.
- Knowledge and experience applying engineering best practices
such as: Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing,
Pairing, Automated Testing, etc.--
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate accurate estimating
and commitment schedules.
- Ability to use, produce, and communicate standard scrum metrics
and project management deliverables with team and
- Experience with all aspects of agile and scrum process
including backlog development, story writing, task development, and
- Familiar with software engineering practices, Service Oriented
environments, Cloud Native Architecture, Big Data and Enterprise
Data Warehouse, Digitally Native Architecture and Serverless
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Azure
DevOPS Server or similar tool for work management and
- Proven experience in managing expectations on team commmitments
for deliverables based on data.
- Experience in conflict resolution and has conversations which
focus on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect. Desired
- Professional Scrum Master Training or Certification
- Professional Scrum Developer
- Professional Scrum with Kanban
- Utilities or regulatory software development experience
- Application development experience in technologies supported by
aligned scrum team (Web, SAP, etc.)
- ITIL experience Additional Information Families and businesses
depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their
dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities
with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today
we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like
our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in
renewable energy. At PSE we value and respect our employees and
provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay
package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based
incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid
retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness
program. Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal
employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without
reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the
essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by
local, state or federal law. Should you have a disability that
requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job
application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing
department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Seattle , Sr Agile Delivery Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!