ABAP Software Developer
Company: Costco Wholesale
Posted on: May 6, 2021
This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world
and the secret of Costco s success is its culture. The value Costco
puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety
of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our
members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and
community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The
company joins with its employees to take an active role in
volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In
2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as
United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.Costco IT is
responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the
second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in
twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international
expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric
atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof,
Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes America s Best
Employers .The SAP Developer position will be responsible for
building and supporting applications developed for the SAP-centric
Master Data solution. The position will involve working with the
Functional analysts, SAP Basis team, and end users to ensure the
solution meets the Master Data needs of our business. The SAP
Developer will work with both the latest SAP development
technologies such as UI5/Fiori as well as established tools such as
the ABAP Development Workbench. The portfolio includes custom
applications, add-ons to the native SAP code base, and enhancements
to the SAP standard products. The work also includes integration of
the Master Data solution to systems and applications within the
enterprise and outside the company. Responsibilities will also
include incident management, defect resolution and on call
production support. Experience with SAP development and a
commitment to/passion for delivering quality solutions is a must.If
you want to be a part of one of the BEST to work for companies in
the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.ROLE
- Develops or prototypes software modules at various levels of
complexity, including but not limited to: service interfaces,
process flows, service messages, SOA components, business logic,
UI/UX, or data access logic.
- Develops efficient code in various development languages for
enhancements and bug fixes.
- Designs, develops, tests, and deploys software solutions and
process flows complying with standards, guidelines, and best
- Develops clear, maintainable, modular and testable code.
- Executes against project plans and delivers assignments within
scope, schedule, and budget.
- Creates, executes, and evaluates unit/integration tests.
- Adopts and adapts to newly approved technologies, programming
languages, tools, and standards.
- Identifies, assesses, and formulates architectural impacts and
solutions from business requirements.
- Collaborates to ensure application designs utilize appropriate
patterns and standards.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine
feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, including
the ability to estimate work needed.
- Assesses functional and nonfunctional requirements and creates
designs to meet both business and technical needs
- Creates conceptual and detailed technical design
- Provides implementation expertise contributing to rollback,
post install, data migration, and other artifacts as required
including creation of support plans.
- Adheres to security management practices and promotes
established security standards.
- Identifies and resolves problems, often anticipating issues
before they occur or before they grow, develop and evaluate
options, and implement solutions. REQUIRED
- Minimum of 7 years experience in software development.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in SAP (ABAP) development.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Object Oriented
- Minimum of 4 years experience in SAPUI5, OData, CDS, BOPF,
- Minimum of 4 years experience in IDocs development.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in SAP MDG development
- Minimum of 3 years experience in BRF+ application
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Webdynpro for ABAP and FPM
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Workflow development and
Rule-based workflow development.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in ABAP Proxies (PI/PO
Interfaces), SOA Web Services development.
- Familiarity and experience with development cycles as a
software developer or software developer in test.
- Good understanding of the software development process with a
focus on producing high quality code.
- Ability to interface with other developers to ensure that
systems are designed for reliability, performance and
- Open minded, quick learner, out-of-box thinking, able to solve
problems in a complex system.
- Team player, good interpersonal, organizational and
communication skills. Creative, likes challenges.
- Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends,
holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and
debugging skills (OO ABAP, C# or Java preferred).
- A passion to mentor and teach.
- Previous work experience in the retail industry and with a
specific focus on merchandising systems. Associated topics: .net,
develop, matlab, perl, programming, sde, software development
engineer, software engineer, software programmer, sw
Keywords: Costco Wholesale, Seattle , ABAP Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!