Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Position Description:--Protingent Staffing has an exciting
contract to hire opportunity with our client in Seattle Washington
for an experienced--Embedded Software Engineer.
- Work with a small, multi-disciplinary development team to
design and implement embedded software solutions with mobile and/or
- Work as an individual engineer on small projects and guide
small teams (1-2 engineers) in larger projects, collaborate closely
with clients, colleagues and project managers to define
requirements, develop software architecture, plan sprints, provide
status updates, and clearly set work expectations.
- Experienced in various aspects of the connected device stack
from the cloud, mobile apps and to embedded layers.
- Work closely with clients and your team to bring new products
to market. You will work through full stack development from
hardware to software, from device firmware to cloud infrastructure
to mobile application stack.
- Curiosity to learn and share your learnings, skills in
problem-solving, and leadership ability are essential.
- 4-year degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering,
computer science or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience as software team lead with proficiency
in technical project management. Contribute to scoping and
estimation, schedule management and status reporting, requirements
management, documentation, design and code reviews, test and QA
support for quality releases.
- Creative, proactive, and detail-oriented individual with
excellent written, spoken, and presentation skills for expressing
technical ideas and initiatives.Experience with embedded Linux
- Android (application and/or kernel level), and software
architecture for applications-class processor systems (e.g.
- Experience building mobile applications and user experience
design for iOS, Android (Swift/SwiftUI, Kotlin, QT, Lua). Portfolio
of released applications on the App Store or the Android Market is
a plus.Experienced with connected devices and cloud technology
- Experience building connected device applications using cloud
technology stacks (AWS, Azure, AWS IoT/AVS/Lambda, and languages
- Understanding of what it takes to deploying and managing
connected product solutions to market
- Experience designing for security, device authentication and
authorization, data privacy, device management.Low-level firmware
- Experience with one or more RTOSs (e.g. FreeRTOS, Zephyr), and
- Experience developing and integrating radio stacks in connected
products, eg. wireless technologies (e.g BLE, ZigBee, Bluetooth LE,
WiFi, LoRa) and common communications protocols (UART, SPI, I2C,
- Experience with low-level development and debugging on
microcontrollers and low-power embedded platforms (e.g. ARM
Cortex-M, MSP430, RISC-V), the associated tool chains (e.g. GCC,
Keil, IAR, CCS).
- Experience with custom board bring-up and hardware
- GitHub/GitLab project portfolio available.--
Benefits Package:--Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid
health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax
commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k
Keywords: Protingent, Seattle , Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!