Channel Accounts Receivable Manager
Company: Wireless Advocates
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Locations: US-WA-SEATTLE Mission:Headquartered in Seattle,
Washington, Wireless Advocates and Car Toys are leaders in their
respective retail spaces. Car Toys is the parent company of
Wireless Advocates and the largest independent multi-channel
specialty car audio, automotive safety, and electronics retailer in
America with locations in major cities across the western United
States and online. Wireless Advocates is a leading provider of
wireless products and services both online and in nearly 700 retail
locations nationwide. Together with the top wireless carriers
(Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile/Sprint) and OEM's (Apple, Samsung, LG,
Motorola), our expert team of wireless professionals are here to
help people connect.Responsibilities:This is not your typical
collect on past due customer invoices AR function. As a hands-on
manager, the Channel AR Manager will lead a small team responsible
for our channel AR. Very high volume totaling $1 billion annually
and about 16K invoices monthly. The team is responsible for all of
the AR functions (including billing, collections, bad debt reserve
analysis and reconciliations) related to selling inventory into one
of our large Fortune 100 host partners. You will need to reconcile
and research 4-way transactions between the company, the retail
host partner, our 3rd party distribution center and wireless
carriers. You will have full responsibility for managing these
processes and maintaining an AR aging that is current within 90
days. Another key responsibility is fully understanding the
underlying business processes involved and identifying root causes
of any issues that lead to unmatched invoice balances so that they
can be addressed and improved. The AR Manager should be experienced
in driving cross-functional process improvement and can manage
daily financial transactions end-to-end. They should also have
strong analytical and reconciliation skills in working with large
amounts of data, requiring proficiency in Excel and hands-on
experience with MS Dynamics or other major accounting ERP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assure timely collection of payments, consistently driving
reduction in days outstanding of A/R
- Monitor and report on deviations from contracted
- Assure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and
- Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash
- Manage proper recording and application of cash, management of
outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with partners on
collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Reconcile AR sub-ledger to the General Ledger. Also prepare
relevant monthly AR activity and general ledger account analysis to
tie-back to the AR Aging and support monthly financial
- Manage the monthly reconciliation of all AR related accounts
and activity (such as unapplied cash, unclaimed credits, clearing,
accrual, bad debt, chargebacks).
- Supervises four accounts receivable staff in processing
invoices/payments to establish the company receivables and work
with Inventory Control, Supply Chain, Accounts Payable and other
departments to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Establish work standards, set objectives and design/maintain
effective workflows and operating procedures.
- Develops policies, procedures and work instructions and/or
recommends modifications to existing corporate policies and
procedures as they relate to accounts receivables.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work
allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance
and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates
employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Lead and support cross-functional projects to improve business
- Assists with other duties and special projects as
Minimum five (5) years' proven work experience in
credit/collections, including three (3) years supervisory
- BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting preferred or a commensurate
level of directly related experience.
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills, with a
continuous process improvement mindset.
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and
deliver assignments on time.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication
- Successful in dealing with customer and company personnel at
- Ability to exhibit poise, composure and confidence when
confronting stressful or high-pressure situations.
- Personally exhibits a strong commitment to dependability and
reliability with the ability to gain the confidence and respect of
the customer base.
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, and detail oriented
individual with ability to work independently in a high volume
environment that requires a work product that is highly accurate
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of proper
accounting treatment for accounts receivable transactions and
- Must be experienced in and able to demonstrate proficiency with
computerized accounts receivable software applications.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software
We've Got You Covered!
At Wireless Advocates/Car Toys, we are committed to providing our
team with the support and resources to succeed in their career, as
well as exceptional benefits for a healthy work-life balance.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- Paid Vacation Time
- 401(k) with Company Match-Employee Assistance Program - 100%
-Life Insurance Policy - 100% Company Paid
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-Paid Parking or Orca Card
- Corporate Passport Card Membership
- Dealer Line Discounts on Phone Plans
Wireless Advocates/Car Toys is an equal opportunity employer, we
encourage and support diversity in the workplace.
Keywords: Wireless Advocates, Seattle , Channel Accounts Receivable Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!