Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
PubNub powers apps that bring people together in real-time for
remote work, play, learning, and health. Thousands of companies use
PubNub's developer platform and APIs as the foundation for their
online chat, virtual events, geolocation, remote control, and
real-time updates, at a massive global scale. Since 2010, PubNub
has invested in the tools and global infrastructure required to
serve customers like Adobe, DocuSign, Peloton, and RingCentral,
delivering SOC 2 Type 2 security and reliability while meeting
regulatory needs like HIPAA and GDPR. PubNub has raised over $130M
from notable investors like Raine Group, Sapphire, Scale, Relay,
Cisco, Bosch, Ericsson, and HPE.PubNub is proud to be a EEO
employer.Job SummaryThis role is responsible for designing,
developing, operationalizing, sustaining and scaling PubNub's Data
Stream Network. This includes our secure, distributed messaging bus
as well as all adjacent services and data pipelines including
Storage/Playback, Presence, Access Management, Push Gateways and
more.As a senior developer you will be working closely with product
management to design and develop awesome new features that our
customers will love. You'll be working with existing services and
you'll be building new ones from scratch. You'll make sure that
your code lives up to our high quality standards and we always
maintain our customer SLAs.We are a strong team of Engineers and
Architects who are low on drama and high on results. Our mission is
to provide highly available systems with uptime, performance and
scale that extend the possibilities of real-time applications and
data. We do this with resilience and speed providing our customers
with the trust and confidence to deliver disruptive applications
with groundbreaking user experiences.We focus on innovation and
teamwork. Consequently, we place the team ahead of the individual
when solving problems and celebrating achievements. If you are on a
journey to seek a team whose modus operandi is to swarm hard
problems and deliver great outcomes, we are your
- Design and build REST/gRPC APIs, interfacing with various
backend systems. The APIs are consumed directly by our customers as
well as other internal systems.
- Champion adherence to best practice development methodologies
across the entire team and help establish standards.
- Work collaboratively with other Engineering teams, Product
Management, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to develop new
features and create customer value.
- Ensure a high level of test coverage for all code written,
including unit and automated regression tests.
- Remain flexible, stepping in to help out during unexpected
situations, while completing your own coding deliverables and code
- Always maintain the "level head" but raise energy and motivate
team members as necessary.
- Interview, mentor, listen-to, and collaborate with other
server-side software engineers.Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of experience building REST/gRPC APIs.
- 5+ years working with modern languages like Golang, Python,
- Deep understanding of developing applications in a
containerized environment, e.g. twelve factor application
development, configuration as code, etc.
- Strong Object Oriented design skills with deep knowledge of
architecture and design patterns.
- Expert knowledge of best practice software development
methodologies and coding standards.
- Previous experience with Test Driven Development and heavy use
of Unit Testing frameworks strongly preferred.
- You should implicitly understand the challenges involved in
running enterprise-grade systems at scale.
- Ideally experienced managing application deployments with
Docker and Kubernetes.
- Several years experience with NoSQL DBs like Cassandra, Redis,
- Strong command-line abilities in Linux, Unix or OS X.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and
security (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, TLS etc).
- Natural empathy and consideration of team members' requests,
spoken or not.
- Accurate prediction of task completion timelines, their
complexity and possible problems.
- An innate, heightened urgency to complete projects on time and
with high quality.Bonus Qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with container orchestration systems like
Kubernetes, ECS or Mesos
- Experience developing applications in Rust, or other functional
- Past experience in public cloud deployments (AWS, Google Cloud
Platform, Azure, Rackspace, SoftLayer, etc.).
- Experience with profiling and optimizing servers and data
- Previous startup or small company experience.
Keywords: PubNub, Seattle , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!