Principal Software Development Engineer, Mobile
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think
about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative,
mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their
goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented
transformation, and we're at the forefront.
We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a
direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us
every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career,
and the financial world.
We are looking for a seasoned Principal level Mobile Developer with
a natural inclination to elegantly solve problems. As a member of
our mobile engineering team you will have the opportunity to
directly improve the experience of our expanding mobile customer
base. You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting
problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. The
ideal candidate will be a mentor and a team-player who is hands-on
and comfortable driving solutions from initial architecture to
final implementation with a strong sense of ownership and drive for
delivery At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between
Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the
entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying
and continual improvement and evolution.
What You'll Do
- Technical development, debugging, and delivery of best-in-class
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and
ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability,
and general reliability
- Continuously improve the applications - find and fix bugs while
improving application performance
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize
- Implement upgrades, rebuilds, feature flagging and generally
keep CI/CD pipelines in good health.
- Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a
- Evaluate opportunities to bring new features to mobile users
from a technical perspective
- Create technical requirements documentation based on Product
- Build strong working relationships with coworkers and
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we
understand great engineers come from all sorts of different
backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 7+ years mobile development experience with deep knowledge of
iOS and Android development platforms
- Excellent programming skills in Swift, Dart/Kotlin
- Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory
management, multi-threaded programming, animations, etc.
- Experience in consuming RESTful APIs to connect with back-end
- Experience working with Agile development processes.
- Experience with maintaining CI/CD pipelines and
- Experience with app architectural patterns, Dependency
Management, App coordination/navigation, etc
- Very strong interpersonal skills - must be able to demonstrate
an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the
Nice To Have
- Understanding of S.O.L.I.D principles.
- Experience working with AlamoFire, Firebase.
- Worked with trading and/or exchange systems.
- Familiarity with hybrid app development and Flutter.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth
parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions,
breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age
(40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition,
marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status,
or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our
top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic,
and because unvaccinated employees pose a direct threat to the
health and safety of others in the workplace, effective on November
1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated to work from any
of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for
employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability,
pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate
remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Keywords: SoFi, Seattle , Principal Software Development Engineer, Mobile, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!