Staff Software Engineer, Invest
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, were changing the way people think about
and interact with personal finance.
Were a next-generation fintech company using innovative,
mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their
goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented
transformation, and were at the forefront.
Were proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a
direct impact on peoples lives, with our core values guiding us
every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career,
and the financial world.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. SoFi Invest is
SoFis new investment platform that includes our market-leading
robo-advisor, online brokerage (stock and ETF trading), and crypto
On our team, you will be in the middle of it all implementing
functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining
the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The
ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a solid
sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and
co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between
Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the
entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying
and continual improvement and evolution.
What Youll Do
- Full development life-cycle design from project requirement to
- Work on automation and improvement of data exchanges and data
pipelines between internal and external teams.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, deliverables, and
- Lead cross-functional delivery teams to ensure deliverables are
- Track project performance against defined
- Conduct process improvement projects to increase performance in
vital program metrics.
- Communicate ongoing project health with key stakeholders and
- Maintain strict compliance with established project management
policies and guidelines.
- Take initiative and produce timely results in a fast-paced and
sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Make significant contributions to the code base.
- Define best practices and uphold coding standards.
- Consistently demonstrate extremely high levels of technical
knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity. Develops and applies advanced
technologies, engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Broad
knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of
- Work within the Engineering team to develop features that
specifically benefit our users.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality code on schedule,
communicate with groups in and outside the development team.
What Youll Need
- Bachelors Degree, Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a
fully-accredited college or university
- 6+ years Java programming experience
- 2+ years as a technical lead
- Experience in other programming languages such as Kotlin
- Dev management experience
- Our core stack is Java/ Kotlin/ Spring / PostgreSQL/ React
experience with any or all of the above
- Deep understanding of relational databases including PostgreSQL
- Git-based distributed version control systems
- Agile-based project development in a micro-services
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative
- Passion for solving complex problems
Nice To Have
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous
- Knowledge in analytics, metrics, and monitoring
- Test-driven development along with unit and integration
Why Youll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth
parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions,
breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age
(40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition,
marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status,
or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our
top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic,
and because unvaccinated employees pose a direct threat to the
health and safety of others in the workplace, effective on November
1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated to work from any
of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for
employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability,
pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate
remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Keywords: Sofi, Seattle , Staff Software Engineer, Invest, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!