Sr. Software Developer (WebRTC)
Company: Bandwidth Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like
Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of
the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice,
messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services- all backed by
Bandwidth's own nationwide, all-IP voice network-allow us to power
the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We
celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic
What We Are Looking For
We're looking for a Senior Software Developer (WebRTC) who gets
things done and is capable of being a leader on a new development
team. We're seeking somebody who enjoys creating new products and
enjoys the craft of software. If your idea of fun is losing track
of time while geeking out over a new web framework, we'd like to
talk to you.
What You'll Do
- You're gonna write great code, and lots of it.
- You'll be a senior member of an agile software development
team, and a leading voice in your team's design and implementation
- You'll collaborate with, and support peers to write code that
is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of
- You'll also look critically at what we're building and how
we're building it
- You'll play a critical role in establishing and maintaining the
infrastructure of our production environment
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- While years of experience is an imperfect measure, you've been
a software engineer for 6+ years
- You're comfortable in multiple languages, such as Python,
- You have deep experience with AWS or another cloud platform,
and you "get" how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You're passionate about writing testable code, and your test
automation proves it
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a
- You have experience designing web services and service oriented
- You know IP networking, web protocols, and REST
- You're familiar with relational and non-relational database
- You're passionate about the craft of software engineering
- You've had some exposure to, and excitement about,
- You have experience scaling event systems and high throughput
- You have worked with WebRTC, SIP, or other real-time
- You have familiarity and/or experience with front end
- You have worked with Serverless technologies
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but
not sure if you're 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help
us crush the mission? If you answered 'yes' to both of these
questions, we encourage you to apply! You won't want to miss the
opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we're pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is
rooted in our "Whole Person Promise." We promise all employees that
they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a
work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and
spirit. How do we do that? Well---
- You're guaranteed to be given "work that matters." If you ain't
feelin' that, let us know. We'll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn,
experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even
submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete
with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So
are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance
premiums. It's pretty nice.
- When you're on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No
calls, texts, emails--- Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to
the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There's a locker room and
cardio equipment on the first floor.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Keywords: Bandwidth Inc., Seattle , Sr. Software Developer (WebRTC), IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!