IT Director - Customer Experience & Technology
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Description - IT Director - Customer Experience & Technology
(01017930) Job Description IT Director - Customer Experience &
Technology - 01017930 Description At Weyerhaeuser, we are the
world's premier timber, land, and forest products company.
Sustainability is the founding concept of our business, and our
values drive every decision to ensure we continue to lead the
forestry industry in sustainability practices. And we know about
sustainability - we led it in the forestry industry when we planted
our first seedling by hand in 1938. We recognize that our success
is dependent on the success of our people. For over 100 years, our
Weyerhaeuser team has been making a difference in the world - from
the seedlings we plant, to the forests and trees we nurture, we
ensure every acre is managed with diligence, patience and pride.
That's the Weyerhaeuser way. - Our IT team is on a mission to
continue transforming the timber and wood product industry. We're
not just in the cloud, we're implementing technology that will keep
us at the forefront of innovation in the forest products industry.
We run SAP utilizing ECC, BW, and Business Objects for our core
financials and supply chain business processes. We have several
multi-terabyte Hana instances that we recently migrated to SAP Hana
Enterprise Cloud (HEC). Now we are on a journey to move SAP ECC to
S4 Hana. We are modernizing the Customer Experience with Sales,
Service, Marketing automation and omni channel self-service portal.
We are designing and building the customer 360 view with dashboards
and insights from digital technology. We are using disruptive and
cutting-edge technology like AI/ML to run pricing optimization
experiments and improve our CSAT, NPS and perfect order metrics.
Come help us shape our digital future further as we transform our
customers and our customers' customers. If you want to be part of a
world-class technology team changing the world we live in - come
grow with us! Responsible for leading the discovery,
experimentation, and commercialization of digital and disruptive
technology opportunities across all Wood Product Customer sales,
services and marketing capabilities. Partner with Business, IT and
Leadership teams to create and transform to a highly connected,
adaptive and smart customer experience that creates customer
delight at every touchpoint of customer interaction. Build an
intelligent, personalized and adaptive customer experience with
latest technology enablers to differentiate Weyerhaeuser from its
competitors, improve ease of doing business and make us the
supplier of choice. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to build stronger foundational
technology capabilities, reducing complexity, employing digital
transformation concepts, and leveraging disruptive technology
across all Wood Products Sales and Marketing capabilities. -
- Creates a vision of the connected customer with an unparalleled
customer experience through extensive knowledge of the system,
business needs, and future trends of the solutions in
- Maintain and communicate the discovery, experimentation, and
commercialization phases of the Innovation Portfolio and Pipeline -
- Develop the key steps and milestones in the journey to
transition from strategy to execution and align business
capabilities with the outcomes that deliver business value to end
- Synthesize the customer 360 view with processes, people,
knowledge, products, technology, data, and access channels to
enable digital transformation. Integrating digital strategy,
design, user experience, and solutions/technology ecosystems to
enable a business-led change initiative.
- Anticipate mega trends, emerging capabilities, and new customer
experience, sales and marketing technologies to develop thought
leadership and recommendations on strategic product, technical,
functional or operations improvements to meet the needs of the
- Work closely and collaboratively with enterprise, data,
security, support and solutions/technical architects and leaders to
ensure seamless digital delivery.
- Able to conceptualize operational, financial, legal, risk and
compliance constraints and partner with the business partners on
feasibility of implementing solutions.
- Monitor and report tactical and strategic metrics that provide
visibility on progress and governance.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve the structure and
processes, related to Digital Customer experience chain best
practices and sales & marketing transformation ensuring a clear
- Develop a continuous business platform that aids in the
identification, innovation, experimentation, and scale of new
ideas, technologies and solutions that address business and
customer critical challenges. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, Business,
or a related discipline/equivalent). MBA or related advanced degree
- 10+ years progressive IT experience including experience with
Salesforce, MS Dynamics or CRM experience in Manufacturing company.
Wood Products domain experience is a plus.
- 2-3 years experience as an IT director; customer experience
- 10+ years of experience leading strategic IT customer
- 10+ years of experience working on IT projects or programs
requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or
- Strategically identify opportunities, formulate supporting
business cases, and gain support from stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capability leading large system integration
partners to deliver business outcomes.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of operations and gain alignment
for strategy, processes, and capabilities, enabling technologies,
- Product Management skills a plus.
- Experience designing and configurating technical solutions in
support of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP), Portal and other systems.
- Experience in formulating written reports and technical
evaluations, functional specifications, technical documents,
proposals, and other assignments.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level as well as dive into
initiative and process details.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence all
levels of management in a technical and business capacity.
- Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders and
build consensus across impacted areas.
- Proven success delivering projects in Agile, Waterfall or SDLC
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suites of products,
(Visio, Teams, OneNote, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- High ability to drive strategic vision.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and critical
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to communicate
effectively with the business to identify needs and evaluate
alternative solutions as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Weyerhaeuser
is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core
values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people
feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are
committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an
equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all
backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. -
Keywords: Weyerhaeuser, Seattle , IT Director - Customer Experience & Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!