Senior Web Application Architect
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Title: Senior Web Application Architect
Location: Seattle, WA - Remote
Type: Full Time Hire
The Client is searching for an experienced Senior Web Application
Architect to work within an agile team of software developers to
implement and maintain secure, scalable, cloud-based software
solutions, build customer integration solutions, and streamline the
team's software delivery tools and processes. Technical aptitude is
a must, and so is the right team-minded attitude and the ability to
work interchangeably with others. Applicants should be qualified as
top-notch full-stack developers, with a passion for focusing on
backend service-oriented architectures, scalable system design,
databases and data models, and API-driven models.
- Live and breathe a DevOps culture on a small team of Senior
SDEs and SREs that work hand-in-hand with you to deliver modern,
scalable, SaaS software across multiple cloud providers.
- Work daily alongside product leadership to define architecture,
goals and deliverables from software development. This also
includes working alongside product leadership to prioritize JIRA
backlog and upcoming sprints for development.
- Architect and lead implementation the company's flagship SaaS
platform using a scalable microservice approach with technologies
such as Node.js, Express, GraphQL, Python, Django, C#, and .NET
- Help implement the company's user-facing web apps using modern
MVC, MVVM, and SPA framework - React.js.
- Follow software development best practices to create
maintainable and extensible software solutions.
- Work with modern CI/CD tool and methodologies to ship product
on a daily basis.
- Work in an agile manner with transparency and fluid
communication within the engineering team and across other teams in
- Work with product owner to understand internal and external
requirements and help the team design solutions to satisfy
- Work with Senior SREs to contribute to the overall platform
stability, availability, and quality.
- Enable SREs to have visibility and responsibility into the
function of the code they are operating.
- Interact directly with SREs and customers to triage, debug, and
remediate production issues. -
Experience and Qualifications
- Education: Formal higher-education degrees in STEM fields or
vocational certificates related to software development are
preferred, but not required. Real-world experience and proven track
records count as much, if not more.
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting software in
modern SaaS, cloud, web, and mobile environments.
- 7+ years of professional programming experience with languages
and frameworks such as React, Angular, TypeScript, Node, Express,
Ruby, Rails, Python, Django, C#, .NET.
- Familiar with cloud and Linux sysadmin experience - IaaS, PaaS,
and container/orchestration experience is important.
- Real-world shipping product development experience using
languages/frameworks in a service-oriented architecture.
- Proven track record of success in high-functioning continuous
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with Docker and
Kubernetes (or similar container/orchestration).
- Expertise with a variety of relational and NoSQL databases.
MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, CouchDB, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, MongoDB,
- Solid understanding of modern API design patterns (REST,
GraphQL, JSON, etc.)
- Understanding of source control systems (git, hg, etc.) and
related workflow patterns (e.g. GitFlow)
- Familiarity with Big Data systems such as Hadoop, HBase, HDFS,
Spark, Kafka, etc. is a plus.
- Understanding of privacy-by-design frameworks, and code-level
security techniques is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation
skills is required. Benefits
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- A work/life balance beyond compare. And we mean it!
Apply for this job - -
Keywords: DevSelect, Seattle , Senior Web Application Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!