Sr. Technical Support Specialist
Company: Seattle Mariners
Posted on: May 26, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Sr. Technical Support
SpecialistDepartment: Information ServicesReports To: Director,
Information ServicesStatus: ExemptPrimary Objective:Responsible
forproviding support services to Mariners staff and departments.
Will and actively participate in general help desk response and
other IT projects and work with IT leadership on network and server
infrastructure needs. Essential Functions:
- Manage and triage incoming IT Service Desk tickets daily.
Provide regular written or verbal follow-ups with users, maintain
clearly written and comprehensive ticket work notes, and resolve
tickets in a timely manner
- Respond to server and network incidents and health. Completes a
daily analysis of infrastructure and network devices for any
potential performance, availability, and/or stability issues, and
resolve any issues that are discovered.
- Support Active Directory, network services, and server
- Support backups, security, and front office applications.
- Utilize available tools and technology to provide high level of
availability of all systems.
- Support game day and other major events by being onsite during
event or being on-call when offsite.
- Desktop/Laptop deployment, management, and repair.
- Server/Network deployment, management, and repair.
- Contribute documentation for all relevant systems.
- Produce and maintain detailed infrastructure and network
diagrams, technical process documentation, and troubleshooting
- Configure new and replacement network devices from a provided
- Work and communicate at a technical level with vendors and
vendor support services to troubleshoot network issues.
- Assist with determining and documenting the support impacts of
new technology and planned software upgrades as requested
- Maintain awareness and adherence of security measures,
policies, methods, and procedures that safeguard the integrity of
and access to enterprise systems, files, and firm data. Promote a
culture that promotes information security as an integral part of
IT architecture and business processes
- Maintain knowledge of hardware and software supported and how
various departments, practice groups, and teams utilize them to
support business processes
- Coordinate timely repair of hardware with outside vendors,
monitoring inventory levels, verifying bills/invoices, etc.
- Generate and maintain hardware and software inventories for the
- Assist with scheduling and communicating all system changes and
downtime within the office as requested
- Will perform other duties as assignedEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in in Computer Science, Information
Management, Engineering, or related field. Equivalent required.
Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal
education requirements, if approved by management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience required,
which should include a minimum three years' experience providing
direct customer support in an enterprise help desk or service desk
environment responsible for self-service, request fulfillment,
incident management, problem and change resolution.
- Broad knowledge of hardware and software technologies with
experience supporting a variety of productivity and email solutions
for Microsoft Windows, Android and Apple Macintosh systems for a
diverse customer base consisting of personnel with various skill
levels and technical backgrounds.
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of handling
confidential material. Skills which are desired, but not required:
- Previous experience in the event industry in
stadium/arena/convention center, etc.
- Comptia A+, Comptia Network+ or Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCSA in
Windows Desktop and/or Server.
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 & 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012
R2, 2016, MacOS
- Windows Server Roles/Features: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS,
Hyper-V, File Shares, Quotas, Group Policy, Cluster Management,
iSCSI, MPIO, IIS
- Hardware: HP Servers, Nimble Storage, Synology NAS, white box
Windows pc's, Lenovo laptops, Mitel phones, HP Printers
- Software: Exchange, Microsoft TEAMS, Microsoft Office, SQL,
- Networking: Cisco Switches, Routers, Wireless, Meraki; SD-WAN;
- Management/Monitoring: System Center Virtual Machine Manager,
System Center Configuration Manager, PRTG, Cisco
- Cloud Services: Microsoft ADFS, Okta, DirSync, Azure, AWS,
Office 365, GCP
- Monitoring/Security: PRTG, Cisco Umbrella, Carbon Black,
Darktrace, Sumo Logic
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Active Directory, PowerShell
scripting, shared file services and access control via groups, Unix
tools, spreadsheet and wiki applications, and an enterprise-level
Service Management tool such as ServiceNow, eDiscovery concepts and
tools, DocuSign workflow management.
- Experience automating or improving recurring tasks, e.g.,
imaging workstations, using, or writing PowerShell to query a
database for multiple user's information
- ITIL Foundations V3 certificationCompetencies, Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Dedicated to excellence and customer focus; available to
internal customers via email in the evening and on weekends should
they need support.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies in a
- Strong troubleshooting skills demonstrated through ability to
think of symptoms mechanically to diagnose and solve larger
- Proven proficiency using built-in and enterprise system tools
to track and troubleshoot issues.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work
assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt.
Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert, and accurate,
paying attention to details of the job.
- Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others
a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values.
- Makes decisions and takes actions that contribute to
exceptional experiences for guests.
- Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner
through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective
listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team
members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful, and
professional in all forms of communication.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way
that positively and professionally represents the
- Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to
assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with
a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with
others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is
consistently respectful of others.Physical Activities and Working
Conditions Necessary to Perform Essential Functions:
- Must be able to work periodic evenings, weekends, and holidays,
as needed to provide shared support servicesThe Mariners are
committed to providing a competitive total rewards package for our
valued Team Members.The anticipated range of base compensation for
this role is $65,000 to $75,000 annually. In addition, we offer
eligible Team Members a comprehensive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a competitive 401(k)
company match. We also provide complimentary parking, paid public
transportation, paid parental leave, 80 hours of paid time off
annually, and 9 days of paid holidays per year. Our total rewards
offerings are best-in-class!All benefits are subject to eligibility
requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be
modified or amended from time to time.This information is being
provided in accordance with the Washington State Equal Pay and
Keywords: Seattle Mariners, Seattle , Sr. Technical Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...