Lead Software Engineer
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Lead Software Engineer
As a software development engineer we expect that you are awesome
at the following…
• Have a passion for writing great code and making sure it is of
• Know deeply and understand the best practices for software
• Skilled at .Net and C#
• Have a passion to ship software and complete tasks
• Strong understanding and experience with software design and
• Experienced designing distributed, high performance, mission
• Experienced working in an existing code base making strategic
changes without rewriting the complete solution.
• Experienced leading technical teams through complex designs and
algorithms – making strategic tradeoffs to meet business needs.
• A solid grounding in fundamental concepts like data structures,
algorithms, complexity analysis and secure coding practices –
previous programming experience is required (C# and .Net)
• Demonstrated ability to be a team player as well as an
independent contributor on the assigned team, striving to reach
highest standards of software engineering every day
• Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and an
ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all
levels, including management/non-technical audiences
Experience with Agile software development techniques and practices
are a plus, especially Scrum, pair programming and TDD.
We have committed publicly to investing significantly in its online
business over the next 5 years. Because of this we are
investing many of our resources on solutions that won’t be ready
for 1, 3 or even 5 years. While that’s all good, if we can’t
keep our existing customers happy in the interim it won’t matter
what’s delivered next year or beyond.
We are growing tremendously year over year and because of this we
have challenging growth problems. As this exponential growth
occurs systems that were designed to manage our business haven’t
been able to keep up so my team is responsible for making strategic
investments in our existing systems to reduce processing time, make
our applications more fault tolerant and provide better error
reporting when something does go wrong. We refer to my team
as “Team Six”, sort of like Seal Team Six because we’re called on
to tackle some of the most difficult problems when we can’t afford
We practice Agile SDLC using Scrum, paired programming, and TDD
among other practices.
Keywords: , Seattle , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!