Principal Software Development Manager-
Posted on: December 7, 2017
**Principal Software Development Manager-**
Cloud Infrastructure Group (Seattle, WA)
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle---s Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking,
database, security, and an ever expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
We---re looking for Sr. Manager of Software Development with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives.
As a Sr. Manager of Software Development you will lead the software development team and development for major components of Oracle---s Cloud Infrastructure.
You should be a distributed systems generalist, able to architect broad systems interactions, while being very
hands-on, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and lower level system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
* Candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and strategy
* Establishing and development of organization to meet and execute on strategy.
* Working with geographically distributed teams and contribute to the success of his/her and other related teams.
* Delivering large scale project on-time with the high quality
* 7 years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
* Strong knowledge of C, C or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
* Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
* Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.
**Detailed Description and Job Requirements**
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
**Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.**
**Job:** Product Development
**Job Type:** Regular Employee Hire
Keywords: Oracle, Seattle, Principal Software Development Manager-, IT / Software / Systems, Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!