Senior Software Engineer, Product Security
Company: Tableau Software
Posted on: September 15, 2019
How do you feel when you've eliminated an entire class of potential
security issues - across an entire Development organization - and
ensured through automation that it will stay that way? We'd love
for you to experience this thrill with us on the Tableau Product
Security team! We're seeking a self-motivated engineer to lead our
efforts in building security scanning, foundational tools, and
resources. You'll be joining a group of like-minded engineers who
are passionate about building robust products, leveraging
automation tooling and testing, and scaling solutions to meet the
security needs of a large development organization.
What you'll be doing...
- Integrating static analysis and other security scans into build
and test pipelines, and ensuring through automated processes that
corresponding findings are appropriately visible, tracked, and
- Helping define "gold standard" images, tools, libraries,
frameworks, and/or coding techniques that enable and streamline
secure software development.
- Helping conduct security reviews to help teams understand risks
to their services before they see the light of production.
- Identifying key risks, communicating them, and collaborating
with engineering teams to build a plan to address them.
- Advocating for security across the company to both engineers
- Scaling yourself by training Tableau Security Champions on
Who you are...
- An Engineer at Heart. Preferably with a cross-platform
engineering background, who admires well-designed, scalable
- Experienced. You've worked in and around the security field for
5 - 10 years, preferably in multiple domains such as risk, policy,
hardening, incident response, cryptography, IAM, networking,
application security, or security assessments.
- Automation-focused. You get twitchy when you're doing something
robots should be able to do. An ability to automate processes and
standards is required (Python, Ruby, Go, Powershell, Java,
- A Good Communicator.You could explain SQL injections to your
non-technical relatives, and have them writing parameterized
queries in no time. You'll be contributing to security reviews
across a large number of teams helping them understand risks and
how to address them.
- Broad Security Awareness and Leadership. You've worked in
multiple security areas, and have driven maturity improvements in
significant portions of a security engineering program.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in
this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the
best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of
the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and
understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013,
Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business
intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We
are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal
to each other and our company. We value work/life balance,
efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and
making a difference in the world!
Keywords: Tableau Software, Seattle , Senior Software Engineer, Product Security, IT / Software / Systems , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!