Technical Support Engineer
Company: Tableau Software
Posted on: September 15, 2019
What you'll be doing ---
The Technical Support Engineer works primarily with enterprise
customers of Tableau's server and desktop products, proactively
assisting them with post-sales installation, configuration and set
up tasks, or customers of Tableau's Desktop products, proactively
assisting them with post-sales installation, data connectivity,
performance and analysis of data. Responsibilities include taking a
proactive leadership role working with the Support team to triage
and resolve highly complex, technical, and application-related
issues which impact product performance in customer-specific
environments, or issues that directly hamper a broader customer
adoption of Tableau products. In addition to working with
customers, the Technical Support Engineer will routinely partner
with our Development, Sustaining Engineering and Sales Engineering
organizations to resolve support issues, document bugs, provide UAT
on product builds, and ensure that new and newly upgraded server
installations are successful.
Some of the things you'll be doing include ---
- Collaborate and consult with select server and desktop clients
to implement successful launches, and to resolve highly complex
technical issues associated with deployment
- Partner with clients and help them optimize their use of
- Lead support case resolution efforts for prescribed customer
- Extensively research and document customer software and
- Collaborate with User Support, Escalation Engineering and Sales
Consultants to identify high priority server issues and partner
with Development and Quality Engineering teams as needed
- Mentor Technical Support Engineers in researching, resolving
and documenting customer server issues
- Act as the primary technical liaison between customers and
other Tableau departments as issues are resolved
- Develop, document, mentor, and train others in support
procedures for server-related technical triage and problem
Who you are ---
- Experienced. You have 1+ years demonstrated experience
supporting and troubleshooting mission-critical commercial software
- Domain. Strong understanding of relational databases,
networking, server set-up, and administration.
- Service Minded. You deliver customer support like you expect to
receive it; with excellence and confidence.
- Educated. BA/BS degree in CS or technical degrees; equivalent
work experience will also be considered.
- Detail oriented. You have an ability to prioritize a high
volume workload in a timely manner.
- Communication. Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the difficult challenges and
quickly arrive at the best solution.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in
this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the
best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of
the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and
understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013,
Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business
intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We
are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal
to each other and our company. We value work/life balance,
efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and
making a difference in the world!
Keywords: Tableau Software, Seattle , Technical Support Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!