Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling
or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in
2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers
residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to
their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to
help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Counsel at Compass, you work on exciting matters that require
proactive legal guidance. You're part of a group of talented
in-house lawyers and the projects you work on challenge you to
think creatively and constructively. You are energetic and
collaborative ready to partner in initiatives that influence all
aspects of Compass's business and work with employees and agents
across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value
driven, and you will play an instrumental role on the Compass Legal
At Compass You Will:
- Serve as one of the primary lawyers responsible for counseling
the Product, Marketing and Engineering teams from the initial
stages of product development to launch, identifying legal risks,
proposing mitigation strategies, and negotiating strategic
- Develop and maintain a repository of legal resources that are
required for Compass products, such as FAQs, terms of service,
privacy notices and other disclosures.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from
Product, Marketing and Engineering teams and other business
- Develop expertise in a range of Compass products and work
closely with cross-functional teams to maintain products in
compliance with legal requirements.
- Advise on, review, draft, and discuss a wide variety of
commercial agreements that support and enable our business
operations under tight deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations dealing with
privacy, intellectual property, content regulation, competition,
consumer protection and advertising.
What We Look For:
- Strong academic credentials including a JD and membership in
good standing in at least one state bar (NY bar a plus)
- 4+ years at top-tier law firm and/or in-house legal
- Experience as a product counsel at a technology company a
- Excellent analytical, consulting, drafting and negotiation
skills with the ability to make well-reasoned legal and business
judgments and clearly explain complex ideas
- A team player with low ego who can effectively work with other
- A willingness to learn new areas of law, acquire new skills,
and take on additional and/or new responsibilities within the team
on an "as-needed" basis
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability
to work independently, manage several simultaneous projects under
deadline pressure in a dynamic, fluid environment
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place
in the world - a place where they feel like they belong, where they
can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our
collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass
Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity,
equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity
employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust
benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to
improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants
Keywords: Compass, Seattle , Technology Counsel, Legal , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!