Line Cook (Full Time)
Company: Maslow's By FareStart
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Line Cook (FT) - We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a
chance to make a difference.The Company:--FareStart is a James
Beard Award-winning nonprofit organization that empowers adults and
young people experiencing poverty and homelessness through job
training and employment in the food service industry. FareStart's
restaurants, cafes, catering and contract meals businesses provide
opportunities for students, apprentices and employees to work
side-by-side creating great food and better lives.The Job:----The
line cook is responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling
dishes according to restaurant recipes and specifications. This
position is based out of Maslow's restaurant in the South Lake
Union neighborhood of Seattle.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities--include the following.-- Other duties may be
- Set up and stock stations
- Prepare food, e.g., chop vegetables, butcher meat, prepare
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory
- Ensure that food is high quality and served in a timely
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety
- Assist apprentices in learning line cook duties and
responsibilitiesQualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily.-- The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the
job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made, to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential job
- 2+ years restaurant experience
- A passion for excellence through teamwork, positive change, and
- Coaching style that shows compassion, wisdom, and integrityWork
EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these
essential job functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally
loud.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.--
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee is regularly required to stand for up to eight hours,
or more, in close proximity to hot cooking elements.
- Employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
Employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience and
- Paid time-off (3 weeks first year of employment) and paid
- 401(k) savings plan
- Health, disability, and life insurance
- Free ORCA pass
- Free Shift MealThe Location:--Maslow's by FareStart, 380 Boren
Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109Apply Here:--http://hrbrg.co/richryWhy
Should You Apply?
- Great team
- Great benefits
- Great organization
- Rewarding workFareStart is an--Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Maslow's By FareStart, Seattle , Line Cook (Full Time), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!