Solution Architect - West
Company: Zscaler, Inc.
Posted on: January 17, 2020
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the
security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers
the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global
data centers to securely connect users to their applications,
regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries
protecting over 3,500 companies and 12M employees.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our
people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry
that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always
looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people
that want to make a difference.
Position: Solution Architect
Location: Seattle, Portland, San Jose
The Solution Architect is a director level pre and post sales role.
It is responsible for educating customers on why a network centric
application access approach is no longer ideal and requires a
complete reimagining of how users access applications and
information. This role requires a deep understanding of security
and networking technology, along with the ability to understand and
interpret organizational dynamics and the ability to engage and
positively influence key technology and enterprise architecture
Challenge our customers to evolve their strategy and change their
mindset from Network Centric, to App and User Centric. Lay the
foundation for the sales teams to prove Zscaler offers the best
solution in this new paradigm.
Lead transformation workshops across security, network,
application, authentication, communication, and Enterprise
Architecture teams to challenge, educate, design, and plan for a
world where users, applications, and data can reside anywhere.
*High Level Design
Create 1-3 year Transformation Roadmap with the customer that maps
out business objectives, technical requirements, and Zscaler
technology required. Lays out the Deployment & Upsell framework for
the Sales team.
Present on stage at industry events & conferences. Educate internal
teams on industry trends (SD WAN, 0365, etc.) Act as an interface
to the Product Management & Cloud Ops teams for prioritization,
planning, and architecture.
* Challenger Sale approach who can lead customer to define modern
technical architecture requirements
* Demonstrate strong understanding of networking and security
architectures and engage in technical discussions with network and
security architects of large enterprises.
* Present both industry and Zscaler technical architecture as it
relates to customers and prospects environment and technical
* Own the room and coordinate high-level technical workshops to
gain agreement from diverse stake holders and agendas.
* Leverage relationships to accelerate the sales cycle.
* Ensure the sales and customer success organizations is fully
supported and has the necessary resources to be successful.
* Experience for this position is typically gained by 5+ years of
success in a similar role working for a vendor or a customer
* Broad understanding of security, networking, authentication, and
Internet and ISP fundamentals
* Strong understanding of how to navigate large enterprise
* 10+ years of business-to-business sales and business
* Demonstrated ability to lead cross-departmental collaboration on
* Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on large, complex
SaaS solution opportunities
* Experience managing executive-level relationships
* Excellent communication and follow-up skills and very engaging
* Minimum Education: Bachelor s Degree in Business and/or
equivalent work experience
* Must be comfortable with a lifestyle in which
domestic/international travel is 50+%--often on short notice
What You Can Expect from Us:
* An environment where you will be working on cutting edge
technologies and architectures
* A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
* Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
* Zscaler is the world s leading software-as-a-service security
* We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented
* We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+
* Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
* Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our
values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in
the industry* Do you want to work on disruptive technology* Do you
thrive in a fluid work environment* Do you appreciate a company
culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates
achievement* If you said yes, we d love to talk to you about
joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on
the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn
Keywords: Zscaler, Inc., Seattle , Solution Architect - West, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!