GCC - Summer Rotational Internship
Company: Employee Owned Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: February 16, 2020
GCC is looking for candidates who want to take the next step in
their career. GCC has offices in Spokane, Seattle, Portland, Tampa
and Miami - providing motion control solutions for hydraulic,
pneumatic and electrically powered applications. Our team is
growing, and we are proud to be a 100% employee owned company -
every employee has skin in the game.
The Campus Ambassador Program provides college students to get
exposure to a variety of departments at GCC, present to top
leadership and help share information about your internship
experience when returning to school the following semester. Through
hands-on experience and meaningful projects, you will see what it's
like to work for our employee-owned company and visit our parent
company, Employee Owned Holdings, Inc., headquarters in Houston to
present your final projects to top leadership. GCC's rotational
internship program consists of the following areas:
- Assist with drawings and calculations including use of
Solidworks & CAD.
- Work on assigned summer projects around warehouse efficiency,
integrated system design, automation projects and/or cost reduction
Service & Repair:
- Hands-on experience with pump teardowns, conversions and
- Learn how hydraulic components function and use of the test
Client Service Representative:
- Learn about company processes for quoting, managing orders &
- Communicate with top customers via phone & email, build
relationships with vendors to gather necessary product
- Shadow outside sales representatives for customer visits.
- Experience with customer applications as well as how field
relationships are established and maintained.
Shipping & Receiving:
- See how the warehouse runs first hand while helping with
inventory controls, order picking, packing and shipping as well as
familiarity with our products.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate
- Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Prefer junior or senior, but will consider other class
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work independently and eager to take on
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel,
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical, problem-solving and conceptual thinking
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including
medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and 401(k)
plans with company match. A unique benefit GCC offers as part of
Employee Owned Holdings, Inc. is an employee stock ownership
What is an ESOP?
ESOP is a special retirement program that allows employees to own
stock in the company. When you join EOHI, you automatically begin
investing in your future (without having to purchase shares). We
are a high growth company committed to training our employee owners
to develop their skills and advance in their careers.
Studies also show that retirement account balances for ESOP
companies are 2.5 times higher.
ESOP companies grow 2.5 times faster than those companies without
Research shows employee owned companies are superior in
performance, employee benefits and employee morale because everyone
is working towards a common goal.
Keywords: Employee Owned Holdings, Inc., Seattle , GCC - Summer Rotational Internship, Other , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!