Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Posted on: June 28, 2020
OverviewThe Juvenile Justice Assessment Team (JJAT) seeks to
increase behavioral health screening and assessments for youth ages
12 to 20 that enter the juvenile justice system. JJAT aims to
divert youth with behavioral needs and diagnoses from further
involvement into the juvenile justice system and decrease any
incidences or severity of chemical dependency, mental health,
and/or emotional disorders in young people. The position works in
partnership with JJAT Mental Health Assessors, Substance Use
Assessors and King County Juvenile Court Staff.
The Family Partner is a position within JJAT that provides
community resource connection and support to youth and families
referred from juvenile court/probation officers, Becca Programs
Staff, and JJAT staff for family partner services. The primary
focus of the Family Partner is to connect youth with outpatient
behavioral health services. The Family Partner is responsible for
coordinating caregiver support activities and resources and
providing individual support to youth that supports engagement in
JJAT services. The Family Partner will support the families of
court-involved youth to be active members in their child's care to
maximize progress toward plan goals and objectives.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally
marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health,
community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity
and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity,
innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca's agency-wide DEI
Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice
Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically
relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on
our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, click
- Provide young people and families non-judgmental,
unconditional, and culturally responsive support
- Act as a bridge between the family and system representatives
on the team including court hearings, probation appointments,
detention visits, etc. Act as an advocate between the youth and
family and the referring party (i.e. with their juvenile probation
counselor, truancy case manager, school representative)
- Main linkage support focuses on referring and supporting
clients to complete initial intake appointments with behavioral
health/mental health supports/outpatient/intensive
outpatient/substance use supports, etc.
- Link youth with pro-social activities in their community -
mentorship, athletics, arts, employment, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate developments for each youth to
appropriate referring parties such as probation, Becca Programs,
- Encourage youth and family voice and ensure it is
- Develop an individualized action plan that includes
recommendations from screening and assessment
- Attend the JJAT meetings as needed
- Complete progress notes and other paperwork, and complete
service tracking documentation as indicated
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Strong local connectedness to King County community
- Bilingual Spanish/English abilities a plus!
- Experience working with relevant systems required (i.e. Child
Welfare, Juvenile Justice, Mental Health, Special Education,
- Personal experience working with at-risk youth or youth being
served by the behavioral health systems preferred.
- Own vehicle; Valid Washington Driver's License and insurability
by Seneca's automobile insurance carrier.
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other
State/Federal licensing or certification requirements.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Full time
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings
and weekend days
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially
paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- 4 weeks of flexible Paid Time Off
- We provide a 403(b) retirement plan
- Scholarship opportunities!
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, Seattle , Family Partner, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!