If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process.
Full Time Seattle, WA, US
3 days ago Requisition ID: 1059
WHO WE ARE
Lindblad Expeditions is the pioneer in the Expedition Travel
space, from taking the first citizen explorers to Antarctica in
1966, to opening the Galapagos and Easter Island to tourism in
1967, to leading the first tourist expedition through the Northwest
Passage in 1984, to launching our innovative partnership with
National Geographic in 2004. Now taking nearly 25,000 guests per
year to some of the world’s most remote and pristine locations on
our fleet of 15 ships, we do whatever it takes to ensure our guests
experience the “Exhilaration of Discovery”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the Engineering Department, the Ship
Superintendent is responsible for maintenance and operation of all
technical equipment onboard the Company’s fleet of vessels as
assigned. Provide technical support to the shore-based Engineering
Team, supporting deck and engine purchasing activities and be
responsible for the relevant part of the assigned vessel’s
• Plans and schedules maintenance, engineering work, dry
dockings and wet dockings.
• Assist in the planning and scheduling of refurbishments in
cooperation with the assigned Director of Shipboard Services.
• Maintains and reviews shipboard reports from Chief Engineers
to the office, including Equipment Status Reports, Preventative
Maintenance Program Reports (NS-5), Survey Reports, Certificates,
Drawings, Instruction Manuals, vital Spare Parts List, Incident
Reports, RAMPS and ensure these and all other Technical
documentation are up to date and kept in good order.
• Must be familiar with and carries out Company’s SMS
• Thoroughly understands Class Society requirements and
• Supports the ships to comply with Class, Flag State, SOLAS,
USCG and Company’s SMS requirements. Any concerns must be relayed
immediately to Management.
• Ensure safe and optimal technical maintenance/operations as
well as economical operation of the ships including responsibility
for the management of the budget.
• Analyzes and tracks each vessel’s scheduled lube oil sample
reports and communicates the findings back to each ship and
Director Technical in a timely manner.
• Visit ships having specific problems, direct and assist
shipboard management with problem solving and whenever
• Review periodically and as needed with Marine Operations
Director that deck and engine manning is adequate and up to
• Responsible to provide to VP Fleet Operations a brief monthly
summary and a complete semi-annual condition report for each
• Conducts ship checks and develops specifications for
dry-docking and repair periods.
• Ensure drydock reports are completed in a timely manner.
• For all electrical, audio and video matters to direct and work
closely with Electrical Ship Superintendent.
• Ability to adhere to any and all applicable classification
regulations that may be subject to change from time to time
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Purchases and tracks all vital deck and engine spare parts,
providing backup, assistance and technical guidance to the
Technical Purchasing Manager.
• Must review and approve all requisitions and purchase orders
from deck and engine shipboard.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Degree in Marine Engineering or Chief Engineer License with
experience on passenger vessels or equivalent preferred.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or non degree technical
certification may be considered on a case by case basis depending
on previous experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word and
Outstanding time management and organizational skills
Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines
Can work independently but also communicate in a team
Occasional travel will be required.
WHAT WE OFFER
Voyage of Discovery trips for employees to travel as guests
Travel benefit for employees and their family
Flexible Spending Account(FSA) to be used for out-of-pocket
medical and dependent care
401(k) plan with employer match
Discounted gym membership
Lindblad Expeditions is an equal opportunity employer.
Individuals seeking employment at Lindblad Expeditions are
considered without regards to race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy,
unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or