Job ID: 1270726 | Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon Web Services, the fastest growing group in Amazon, is
seeking to expand our Network Scaling team with a Senior Technical
As a Senior Technical Program Manager in the AWS Border Network
Deployment TPM team, you will be responsible to drive programs
deploying AWS networking infrastructure in AWS Data centers and
You will be responsible for prioritization, scheduling and
execution of physical network changes and upgrades across Amazon
Data Centers. You will manage our cross-functional projects, which
require working with all organizational levels and groups including
network Engineering, Network Deployment, Data center Techs, Supply
Chain, Logistics, Finance and internal Program Management
You will develop and manage project schedules, identify risks
and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders, define
problem solving and risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate
conflict resolution through the full project cycle.
A strong background in Networking, Network Infrastructure
Deployment, Data Center related experience is essential for your
success in this position.
You must have a proven track record of project completion that
is on time and within budget.
You must be able to command the intellectual respect of
engineers as well as run extremely effective projects on compressed
timelines while dealing with ambiguity with grace and maturity.
· You will be driving programs deploying AWS networking
infrastructure in AWS Data centers and transit centers, to meet the
ever growing customer demand.
· Manage multiple competing cross-organizational
projects/programs simultaneously on a global scale across NASA,
EMEA and APAC regions.
· Interact with Engineers, Data Center Technicians, Cross team
Deployment Managers, Cross team Technical Program Managers and
Senior Management on a daily basis.
· Participate in engineering reviews of network design.
· Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large,
diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
· Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions
to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and
costs. · Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track
exceptions for follow up
· Drive simplification efforts in engineering and
project/program management and architectures to unblock
· Create predictable process paths for large and/or complex
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer –
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Position Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant IT Discipline and 8+ years of
program management experience.
· Strong prior program management experience dealing with
multiple teams across organizations and geographies.
· Strong experience in Networking technologies
· Experience in Building/Scaling Data Center Networks.
· Experience in Data Center network infrastructure deployment,
and optical transport/network environments are a plus.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS · Excellent organizational skills and
project tracking abilities; strong focus and attention to detail;
the ability to work in a very fast-paced, hectic, and energetic
environment, yet able to maintain high quality standards;
project/task prioritization and schedule development.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal
and written) and proven ability to work effectively with all
· Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial
environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing
· Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive
working relationships with resources and dependent teams
· Possess and end-to-end understanding in key areas that benefit
· End to end understanding of networking protocols.
· PMP or the commitment to achieve this certification within one
year of hire date
· MCSA\CCNA certifications or equivalent in networking
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and
complexity for this role
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Important FAQs for current Government employees Before
proceeding, please review the following FAQs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /