Job ID: 1232923 | Amazon.com Services LLC
Work hard, have fun, make history. That's what we do every day
at Amazon. Would you like the opportunity to work on projects that
impact all of our unique and cutting-edge lines of business? Do you
enjoy interfacing with teams around the globe? As Corporate
Counsel, Real Estate, you will work with Amazon’s team of real
estate attorneys to support Amazon’s North America Operations and
Fulfillment teams and partner with them to acquire, launch and
manage Amazon's Operations and Fulfillment facilities across North
America and beyond.
This position structures, drafts and negotiates agreements,
manages outside counsel, and counsels internal business clients
· Sourcing operations, fulfillment and transportation
facilities, including acquisitions, leasing agreements (both
existing facilities and build-to-suits), and navigating land use
and zoning issues;
· Due diligence matters;
· Property management agreements;
· Construction agreements; and
· Other commercial transactions, ranging from standard contracts
to complex, high-dollar-value transactions.
The role also provides day-to-day business and real estate law
counseling; identifies opportunities for and implements process
improvements; administers and resolves legal issues that arise in
existing commercial relationships; and handles pre-litigation legal
disputes and inquiries.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS · 5+ years of legal experience (with at
least 3 years at a law firm) as a real estate attorney.
· Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one
state bar is required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS · In-house experience in a technology
or Internet company or real estate company is a plus.
· Experience with complex permitting processes and due
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute
successfully to cross-functional teams.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple
projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /