Document Control Specialist
Company: Red Dot Corporation
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Department: QualityReports to: Director of QualityFLSA Status:
Non-ExemptSummary Description:The primary responsibility of the
Document Control Specialist is to maintain and update document
control systems and databases. In addition, this would role be
responsible for internal auditing.Job Duties and Responsibilities
(Essential Functions): Document Control
- Prepare electronic document templates, scan documents, update
procedures, and create documents as required
- Maintain and update document control systems and databases
- Coordinating and establishing approval routing, coordinating
approvals and change implementation.
- Maintain process and track status of all documents and ensure
that copies of all documents are maintained.
- Assist in responding to information requests and respond to
requests for documents as required.
- Maintains documentation files for the following: policies,
operating procedures, specifications, standards, quality manuals,
and test procedures, customer complaints, standard deviations, etc.
for quality, engineering, manufacturing, product, process or safety
- Ensure all documents are organized and accessible and
communicating with management
- Ensure all technical documents, reports, drawings/blueprints
are updated and registered in system
- Notify personnel of updated documents and how to use and access
- Print and distribute documents as necessary
- Work with documents and records across various departments
- Follow all safety and environmental rules, requirements, and
procedures as established in the facility
- Interact with ERP system to generate daily production
requirements and disposition completed work
- Other duties as assigned.Internal Audit
- Assist in internal and external Audits
- Evaluate production processes for compliance with quality
- Periodically inspect and calibrate auditing tools (e.g.,
- Assist in development of audit plans, audit schedules
- Participate in quality audits (and lead a team of quality
auditors, when needed)
- Identify processes, situations, etc., where organization is
meeting requirements, as well as identify opportunities for
- Assist audit team in developing audit reports; present audit
reports to top management, as needed
- Assist with follow-up audits, as required
- May be required to develop internal auditing/testing
- Other duties as assignedPM19.
Level Requirements (Minimum):Education: High school diploma or
equivalentFull time; Monday-Thursday 6:30AM-5:15PMQualifications:
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team
- Must be detailed orientated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at Microsoft Office programs
- ERP/MRP system experience preferredPhysical Requirements:The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job:
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess distance,
color and depth; required to regularly communicate with others and
exchange accurate information.
- Able to operate a computer and other office productivity
equipment; able to remain stationary at a computer for extended
periods of time and move around his/her assigned work space.
- Frequently move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 50
pounds. He/she must be able to work within different temperature
changes, indoors to outdoors; moving between buildings and working
around moving equipment/machines; occasionally ascend/descend a
ladder or stairs as required.
- Occasional exposure to moving objects and other machines in
operation; Occasionally exposed to dust, gas/fumes, airborne
particles, extreme heat or cold, electric shock, vibration,
chemicals; the noise level in the work environment is usually
- Driving personal vehicle for errands required. State driver's
license and clean driving record required.
- Occasional day and night domestic travel is required (up to
Keywords: Red Dot Corporation, Seattle , Document Control Specialist, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!