Resident Programs Coordinator
Posted on: January 13, 2021
--Job Description -Resident Program Coordinator Department:
ActivitiesFLSA Status: Non-exemptEEO Category: Service
WorkerReports to: Activity Director or Executive
Director--Description of Position:In collaboration with the
Executive Director, this person provides for an ongoing program of
activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive
assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and
psychosocial well-being of each resident.--Benefits offered
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for full-time
- Retirement plan options 401k
- FT/PT and on-call shifts available
- Paid HCA Training--
- Free parking, meals, and a great team!Responsibilities of the
Resident Program Assistant:--
- Help to provide a plan of activities appropriate to the needs
of the residents.
- Lead or Assist with group, social, religious, indoor and
outdoor activities, exercise, as well as assist with outings.
- Oversight and assist of Transportation services.
- Opportunity for resident involvement in planning and
implementation of the activities program.
- Assist with creating activities such as arts, crafts, music,
drama, educational programs.
- Promotion of facility/community interaction.
- Help to prepare a monthly calendar of activities written in
large print and posted in a prominent location that is visible to
residents and visitors.
- Encourage resident participation in activities and document
outcomes when required.
- Review goals and progress notes.
- Assist with ordering or obtaining necessary equipment and
supplies and provide for their accessibility through organized
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of effective problem resolution skills.
- Assist with projection of monthly expenses.
- Assist with the volunteer program and oversight.
- Ability to set and achieve goals.
- Ability to be organized and efficient.
- Ability to train and motivate others.
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model in conduct and
- May drive company car to transport residents.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by management/activity
- This job description represents an overview of the
responsibilities for the above-referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An
employee should perform all duties assigned by his or her
manager.Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily.-- The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.-- Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.--Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or (GED); and one to three months
experience and or combination of training or education, direct
programming experience with older adults preferred.
- Special Licenses and other Special Requirements:
- Current state-specific driver's license required.----Physical
and Working Demands:The physical demands described below are
representative of those that must be met by an individual to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.--
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Standing, walking,
sitting, use of hands or fingers to feel, reach with hands and
arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, vision
or hear. Taste smell and the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Requires
interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors. Occasional
weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
On call basis as needed maybe required from time to time. Possible
exposure to communicable diseases. Potential injury from
transferring, repositioning or lifting residents. Exposure to
latex. Possible exposure to blood-Bourne pathogens, exposure to
various drugs, chemical, infectious or biological hazards. May
Keywords: Cogir, Seattle , Resident Programs Coordinator, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!