Posted on: January 15, 2021
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and software
to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. The VR
Product Runtime team creates the platform software that powers
rich, interactive, and collaborative 3D product experiences across
our entire product line.As a Software Engineer on the VR Product
Runtime Team you will design and implement the runtime systems that
power 3D product experiences across all Oculus products. The ideal
candidate has broad experience with game engine runtime systems and
has worked on at least one desktop and at least one mobile
- Design and implement features in the 3D runtime engine that
power experiences across the Oculus product lines.
- Extend this engine and support it in shipping products.
- Work closely with other teams who are building experiences
using this engine.
- Investigate, understand, and improve software performance.
- Work on Windows and Android platforms.
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code.
- Document and support engine systems and features.
- Partner closely with the design team to help define and
implement their vision.
- Coordinate and collaborate smoothly across multiple internal
and external cross-disciplinary teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
or similar field.
- 4+ years of experience with C/C++ programming, including some
experience with low-level systems work.
- 2+ years of work experience developing and launching software
products on at least one PC, console, or mobile platform.
- Experience with 3D graphics and/or game engine architecture
(Unreal, Unity, or others) and/or web browser development
- Experience with Android or other Client-side development
- Knowledge of or strong interest in Virtual Reality
applicationsFacebook's mission is to give people the power to build
community and bring the world closer together. Through our family
of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company
that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways
to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer
together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small
business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at
heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems,
and working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting
started.Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting
process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, Seattle , Software Engineer, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!