Underwriter - Agency
Company: JBA International
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Base $80,000 - $105,000
Sign On Bonus > $15,000 - $20,000
This residential mortgage lender, is owned by an Investment Trust,
a publicly traded REIT, and other funds under management, a
privately-held investment advisor with approximately $33B of assets
under management. This Lender, is a full service, national lender
that is an approved Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae seller /
servicer. With a strong non-QM product set as a result of its
relationship with certain parties and a seasoned management team,
the company is planning for substantial growth.
Underwriter - Agency
The Company is seeking an Agency Underwriter. The position will
report to the VP of Underwriting or designated Underwriting Team
Lead and be responsible for underwriting--loans and performing
credit analysis to ensure compliance with corporate and secondary
market investor standards. The Agency Underwriter will be
responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and
completeness in a prior approval environment, as well as finding
solutions and rendering underwriting decisions for loans originated
through correspondent, wholesale and retail lending channels and
subsequent clearing of conditions to ensure product guidelines are
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Underwrite correspondent, wholesale/broker and retail loans in
a timely manner to ensure loan meets all product and property
guidelines of--Company and investors, as well as meeting all
established loan policies, credit limits and regulatory
- Analyze borrower's credit file, collateral and capacity to
- Underwrite conventional, agency-eligible loans utilizing AUS
(DU/LPA) as necessary
- Be subject matter expert (SME) in structuring loans for the
Company's third-party originators and internal salesforce
- Clear conditions timely on loans; affirm data integrity on all
- Identify and escalate to management any suspected or actual
misrepresentation or fraud perpetrated by the prospective borrower,
Loan Officer or third-party originator
- Enter and maintain copious documentation of each case file
within the Company's LOS pertaining to the eligibility of the loan,
including compensating factors, scenario desk results, fully
completed Loan Transmittals (1008), system notes and accurate data
- Keep up-to-date with all guideline changes and system
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE AND
- Working knowledge of underwriting guidelines demonstrated
through a minimum of 5+ years underwriting experience on FHA, VA,
and Conforming products.
- FHA and VA underwriting is required.
- High attention to detail and effective problem-solving
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Continuous focus on the customer experience
- 401K - Up to 4 % Match. 1st of the month after 60 days
- PTO - 13 Days
- 8 Holidays--
Monthly bonus for UW:
- $25 per final decision (clear-to-close and denials) for
- FHA, and VA loans; and $37.50 for all non-conforming loans such
as jumbo and NQM loans, less applicable taxes--and other
- Bonuses shall be paid out on the 2nd--payroll of each month
following the--date of the final loan decision.
Keywords: JBA International, Seattle , Underwriter - Agency, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!