Applied Data Scientist
Company: LendingTree, LLC
Posted on: February 22, 2021
QuoteWizard by LendingTree's Data Science team is searching for
an Applied Data Scientist that is hardworking, and passionate for
all things data, and scalable infrastructure. We are looking for
someone who is a self-starter but wants to work collaboratively
with other members of the team, business, marketing, and
engineering. In this role you will get exposure to all aspects of
the organization, hungry to learn more from your insights. You
should work without constraints of reality and build truly amazing
products. Data Science at LendingTree is all about helping our
consumers, and we want you, as a member of the Data Science team,
to strive to be an advocate and thought-provoking contributor of
Data Science at LendingTree. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with software developers and product managers to
plan and construct the architecture surrounding model
- Perform and implement model assessments, validation, and
- Works with the business teams to set a clear vision and
direction for experiments and models.
- Design and implement creative approaches to optimization and
predictive modeling problems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of data mining and visualization
- Acquire any specialized domain knowledge required to be more
effective in all required activities QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience in product-oriented quantitative
analysis and Data Science.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or
- Strong skills in Python and SQL.
- Experience with scikit-learn and Azure Machine Learning Service
- Able to use Docker with Kubernetes in a Continuous Delivery
pipeline for applications.
- Familiarity with writing queries and working with databases
(SQL, Hbase, Hive).
- Extensive hands-on experience working with large data sets,
including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining,
and data cleansing/transformation.
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts: supervised/unsupervised
learning, loss functions, regularization, feature selection,
regression/classification, cross-validation, bagging, kernel
methods, sampling, and probability distributions.
- Experience prototyping and deploying Data Science
- Strong ability to communicate complex analytical results in
forms that resonate with scientific and/or business collaborators,
highlighting actionable insights.
- Entrepreneurial inclination to discover novel opportunities for
applying analytical techniques to business/scientific problems
across the company.
- Understand underlying scientific experimental setup, process,
and analysis and to facilitate effective communication.--
Our office is located in downtown Seattle, in the heart of Pioneer
Square. We cultivate a comfortable work environment, with plenty of
onsite amenities (gym, locker room, lunch area, snacks, TVs, casual
attire, ping pong, etc.). Come join a diverse and growing workforce
of over 150 smart, driven people. What you should know about
LendingTree, our parent company:
- We're a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We've welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree
family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most
sensible financial choices.
- We've built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to
give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
We're a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work
hard and test our products often. We're collaborative, ambitious,
candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest,
most talented people you'll ever work with. We care more about your
smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please,
do wear clothes to work!), and we're pretty good about rewarding
innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done
(we even have an award for employees called the GSD, "Get Stuff
Done"). Come work with us! QuoteWizard by LendingTree is the kind
of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we
thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on
race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age,
national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or
military status. Are you authorized to work in the United States?
-- Will you now or in the future require the company to file a
petition or application for a visa based upon your employment to
begin or continue your employment with our company? (If you have
non-immigrant status, for example F-1, OPT or H-1, your answer to
this question should be yes.) --*
-- Have you ever worked for our company before? --*
Keywords: LendingTree, LLC, Seattle , Applied Data Scientist, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!