Solutions Architect - Majors
Company: Palo Alto Networks
Posted on: February 24, 2021
At Palo Alto Networks-- everything starts and ends with our
mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our
digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of
challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are
looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future
of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Solutions Architect (SA) at Palo Alto Networks, you are
responsible for improving the productivity of our sales teams
through the creation and delivery of business-relevant security
conversations to our key prospects and customers. As a thought
leader, you will address IT-related issues by leveraging Palo Alto
Networks technologies in a way that creates differentiated business
value. As a trusted advisor, you will provide valuable insights and
education on effective risk reduction, compliance, governance, and
cost reduction through a prevention first security approach based
on the Palo Alto Networks security platform.
The SAs' value is measured in their ability to increase sales
- Setting and driving an agenda with the customer, both directly
and through the local Sales Teams, as well as within the market
through various public speaking engagements.
- Uncovering new technology applications and use cases and aiding
in the creation of presentations, documents, and deliverables that
will illustrate value to prospects and customers and the Palo Alto
Networks sales teams
- Uncovering and documenting technological/business value gaps
between the Palo Alto Networks platform and competitive offerings
and communicating these to the wider Palo Alto Networks Sales
- Interface with Product Management to discover and fill current
shortcomings in our product suite as well as requirements for
future strategic market segments.
The role will require close coordination with Sales, Palo Alto
Networks' CISO and his theater CISO's, Sales Engineering
leadership, Product Management, Marketing, Channel Partners, and
the Consulting Engineering team. This is a senior technical role in
the field and value produced must be obvious and recurrent.
Customers and Sales Teams will ask for you by name.
- Increase sales productivity - Impact, success, and compensation
is measured against the America's Theater and US Major's Goals
- Engage directly with key prospects and customers as a security
expert to penetrate whitespace accounts and expand Palo Alto
Networks' install base through the Identification, qualification,
and closure of opportunities
- Work directly with the local account teams on strategic
pursuits to develop differentiated sales strategies based on
opportunity specific business and technical drivers
- Work with the Sales Teams on strategic opportunities to on the
development and delivery of differentiated proposals which clearly
demonstrate the business and technical value of the Palo Alto
Networks Security Platform
- Engage and establish an advisory relationship with key Manager,
Director, VP, and CXO contacts at strategic customers to assist
them in the pursuit of a preventative security posture
- Educate prospects and customers as to how the security
landscape is constantly changing and how it will continue to change
due to evolving threat vectors, change in networking technologies
(virtualized data centers, public cloud, SaaS, etc.), and
enterprise outsourcing of IT resources
- Lead monthly thought leadership calls with the Americas Sales
Team sharing insights and effective sales approaches derived
through customer engagement to improve the Sales Teams'
effectiveness in communicating and closing business with prospects
- Document and distribute proven insights and approaches for
broader Sales Team consumption.
- Provide summarized and business-relevant feedback into Product
Management, Product Marketing, Competitive Marketing, and Field
Marketing based on customer engagements to improve Palo Alto
Networks effectiveness in communicating its value proposition to
prospects and clients
- Engage in continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain
technical leadership of relevant technologies (security, data
center, SDN, public cloud, networking, endpoint, etc.)
- Work closely with the theater CISO resources to ensure that you
maintain and coordinated approach to the market
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever
necessary to close deals.
- Extensive knowledge in the network and endpoint security
architectures, history, and trends.
- Knowledge of ancillary security areas such as identity
management, SIEM, public, and private cloud architectures.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing credibility and
strategic messaging with large enterprise customers
- BSCS or equivalent and 10+ years of experience as an end
customer and/or as a vendor
- Solid fundamental networking background.
- Expect to travel 50%+ of the weeks in the fiscal year.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation
skills, both internally and externally.
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze
complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain
quick resolution, even under duress.
- Super organizational skills.
- Experience working with channel partners and understanding of a
channel-centric go to market approach.
- Experience working with companies in the enterprise security
- End customer background to validate your perspective with
You won't find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn't committed
to your success - with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes
to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our
systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused
sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to
resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We're trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge
cybersecurity's status quo. It's simple: we can't accomplish our
mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all
qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance
or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please
contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition,
national origin, physical or mental disability, political
affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally
Keywords: Palo Alto Networks, Seattle , Solutions Architect - Majors, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!