Company: Jimmy Jazz
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Administration, Regular, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year
Description Having trouble completing your application? For
support, please call (206) 461-8430 or by e-mail to--
firstname.lastname@example.org . Due to COVID-19, this job will be fully or
partially remote until further notice. If meeting a client in
person or coming into any of our physical offices, safety protocols
must be followed. Data Specialist Closing Date: March 22nd, 2021,
or until filled Scope Neighborhood House is a multi-service agency
with many grants and programs and, as such, participant data is
collected and maintained in an agency-developed Access database, as
well as data systems required by funders for specific programs. The
Data Specialist (DS) is responsible for the collection, review, and
input of all Education and Community Services (ECS) program client
data. The person in this position will work with all members of the
Management Information Systems (MIS) team as well as Case Managers
and other agency employees on required data collection through data
entry and maintaining data quality control. They will support the
Senior Data Analyst, Data Analyst, and Data Specialist II by
completing data entry in a timely and accurate manner. The DS will
serve as a point of contact for front-line staff in their
day-to-day data collection activities. They will coach staff by
providing professional written and/or verbal instructions related
any data issues they identify They will identify and communicate
potential projects related to data collection issues to team
members. They will work with Senior Data Analyst, Data Analyst,
and/or Data Specialist II on projects to resolve these issues. At
Neighborhood House we have a deep commitment to our employee's and
client's diverse experiences and backgrounds that guides our work
for a more equitable future. We are seeking a team member that
represents our dedication to service, equity and inclusion, to join
our diverse team. Responsibilities Analysis
- Have an overall understanding of the ECS programs at
Neighborhood House and how they support the organization's
- Promptly respond to internal requests for data related to
assigned programs and areas of expertise. Customer
- Collect grant data from all case managers and other required
- Serve as a point of contact for front-line staff in their
day-to-day data collection activities.
- Provide professional written and verbal instruction to case
managers or managers related to assigned projects.
- Collaborate effectively and in a professional manner with team
members and other NH staff. Data Security/Internal Control
- Understand procedures and protocols around client and agency
data security (e.g. password standards, document and query naming
- Demonstrate an overall understanding of organizational folder
structure and maintain structure and organization of documents
throughout completion of work. Production
- Thoroughly review all data for reasonableness and
- Provide support in cleaning data and assist managers and
directors in data review.
- Collect and enter all client information in electronic and
paper formats. This includes (but is not limited to) service logs,
client information forms, and attendance sheets. Project Management
- Identify potential projects related to areas of responsibility
and communicate those ideas to team members.
- Work on specific project tasks as assigned by a Data Systems
and Analysis Manager or Data Analyst. Technology
- Learn and maintain knowledge of Neighborhood House data systems
and identify database and workflow issues.
- Be proficient and remain current with Microsoft Excel, creating
pivot tables, filters, and formulas to accurately review data as
- Maintain knowledge of Microsoft Access and be able to create
basic queries. Training
- Deliver already-created training to staff members regarding
specific areas of data expertise.
- Coach staff members on issues related to data collection and
data entry. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- AA degree in human services, information management systems, or
a related field, BA preferred. A combination of equivalent
experience and training may be substituted for the education.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a culturally diverse
workplace dedicated to equity and inclusion.
- 1-2 years professional experience working with database
systems, Access preferred. Experience with importing, exporting and
analyzing in Excel.
- Able to manage and organize multiple tasks and competing
priorities, to work independently in a fast-paced, team environment
and maintain constant attention to accuracy.--
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to handle confidential data
- Ability to work with limited supervision and considerable
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with individuals from a wide range of culturally diverse
- Willingness to comply with the established agency performance
standards which may include: productivity/personal responsibility,
client/customer service-orientation, embracing a team player
orientation, entrepreneurialism, and maintaining a professional
- Complete Human Subjects Training within 30 days of hire.
- Current First Aid Certificate within 30 days of hire.
- Current CPR Certificate within 30 days of hire.
- Sexual Harassment Training within 30 days of hire.
- Child Abuse and Neglect training (within 2 weeks of hire).
- Must pass Neighborhood House background check
- Position requires Washington State bi-annual criminal
background re-check. Click here for more details about our benefits
program. Employment Practice Neighborhood House is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered without regard to
race, age, sex, color, creed, religion, disability, national
origin, marital status, mental or physical handicap, sexual
orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality) and
expression of gender identity or any other classification protected
by law. Neighborhood House encourages and gives hiring preference
to current and former Head Start parents and children. We encourage
people of color and residents of the communities we serve to apply.
For more information Inquiries may be directed to Human Resources
at (206) 461-8430 or by e-mail to email@example.com .
Keywords: Jimmy Jazz, Seattle , Data Specialist, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!